Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-12-2014, 02:00 AM   #781
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I'm always choosing the ones which have the words "frugal" or "simple" in the title!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:53 AM   #782
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I'm always choosing the ones which have the words "frugal" or "simple" in the title!
Those are the best ones
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 02:54 AM   #783
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Great finds. I got them all!

I hope that the cauliflower book has a recipe for mashed cauliflower. It's like mashed potatoes, but using cauliflower. I haven't had it before, but I saw a recipe or something on a cooking show about it, and it sounded delicious. It would be a good break from mashed potatoes.
I don't eat it myself, but picked it up jic
Old 07-12-2014, 03:23 AM   #784
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
I'm always choosing the ones which have $0.00 in the price area.(haha)
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:10 PM   #785
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
I'm always choosing the ones which have $0.00 in the price area.(haha)
That's a given!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #786
gabby98
Wizard

Quote:
That's a given!
Always...I get free cookbooks for food I don't even eat lol
Old 07-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #787
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
Always...I get free cookbooks for food I don't even eat lol
There's a word for that: compulsiveness.(ha) I do something similar: I get cookbooks and I don't even cook now! But, I want to and plan to do it again before long.

Also, I think that some of them my mother would like to see and I plan to show her some of the better ones when I go to see her (she's in Eastern Kentucky, I'm not). She's nearly 80 years old and not gotten computerized yet or I could have shared some of the cookbooks or recipes with her (I've bought a small, laptop/tablet computer to take to her and let her have because she has suggested that she might want to try to get computerized).
Old 07-14-2014, 05:43 AM   #788
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

The Newest Ebook Cookbook from the Popular Gooseberry Patch--Heavily Discounted

Maybe you'll find this funny. Yesterday I bought a copy of a cookbook in which all of the recipes use only 2 ingredients (not counting salt or pepper, cooking oil, etc.)! No kidding! There were some . . . uh . . . interesting recipes. But the reviewers found them tasty! Anyway, I think this cookbook, in which the recipes use 5 or less ingredients, is much more reasonable.

At $1.99 this ebook is a little bit pricey for my hyper-frugal tastes; maybe yours, too. But keep in mind that ebooks from this publisher are discountable at Kobo. The recent flood of discount codes has become a trickle now, but they're still to be had.

101 Easy Everyday Recipes Cookbook: Delicious dishes & desserts in under 30 minutes or with 5 ingredients or less (101 Cookbook Collection). Gooseberry Patch. Rated 4 1/2 stars from 11 reviews at the present moment. Print list price $14.95; digital $11.99; Kindle price now $1.99. http://www.amazon.com/101-Easy-Every...+Collection%29.

Book Description
Dinner in 30 minutes or using 5 or less ingredients? Don't choose just one...101 Easy Everyday Recipes is filled with both! The latest addition to the best-selling Gooseberry Patch photo cookbook series will save time and simplify shopping lists. Even better, each is accompanied by a mouthwatering full-color photo! Special chapters full of skillet suppers and super-simple breakfasts make this a book you'll use again and again.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 07-14-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:13 AM   #789
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Free-Steven Raichlen's 10 Ways to Cook the Perfect Steak

If you haven't already subscribed to Workman's Blue Plate Special's newsletter, you can do so and get a free ebook cookbook every month (http://www.workman.com/ecookbook-club/deals/).

Folks, don't be put off by the insipid-sounding phrase "blue plate special" in the name of this website--they've given away some quality cookbooks with good-sounding recipes by well-rated authors.

This month's freebie is written by the man that Esquire magazine called America's "master griller," Steven Raichlen. It's 10 Ways to Cook the Perfect Steak. I got the book and, while I haven't tried out any recipes (my budget for steak, for now, is blown from purchasing ebook bargains), I have looked through it and it looks to have some really great recipes. Now if someone would cook up one of the recipes and send the results to me, I would be happy to update this post with information about how good the recipes are.(ha)

Also, near the beginning of the book, Raichlen has provided what look to be some really great information about the different cuts of steak and some really great tips for cooking them.

In case you're interested, the website also gives information about several other of Steve Raichlen's ebooks which are marked down this month, and available from any one of several different vendors.

Is there a "catch," other than having to subscribe to Workman's's [intentional spelling] newsletter (which is not a bad thing unless you just hate promo email)? Just one. The book appears to be available in just one format--that used by BookShout.com, which in my opinion leaves some things to be desired. But, hey, the ebook's free! And I learned from my father while growing up, a person shouldn't "look a gift horse in the mouth." Now, get out of your mind that you just read about "horse" and "cookbook" in the same message.(ha)

Bon appetit!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 07-16-2014 at 02:16 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:10 AM   #790
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Free Recipe Ebooks from Encore Books!

Encore Books is a major cookbook publisher.

Here's a website where you can see the message and sign up: http://encorebookclub.com/. I'm just going to cut and paste from the message that I got about this, in order to save time.

You'll notice at the end of the message that it prompts the person to give their email address. That's the only thing that you'll have to give to receive the free ebooks, and you'll want to do that because that's how they let you know that they have another cookbook that they want to give you.

UPDATE: After submitting my email address just a few minutes ago, Encore sent me right away a link for the first book, 50 Shades of Quinoa by Jonathan Doue. The book was in pdf. Will all of them be in pdf? I dunno.

"Free Recipe Ebooks!
* Best Selling Recipes from around the world! *
Receive free ebooks delivered directly to your inbox! We promote our eBooks FREE for the first 5 days of every publication. That means you will be the first to know when new books are published. (up to 5 books per week!) That is a lot of books! Not to mention our other exclusive promotions. Our collection encompasses a wide variety of topics including healthy natural foods, food allergy alternatives, gourmet, desserts and pastries. Just to name a few.

A few of our #1 Best Selling books include:

Natural Vitamin Water
Kale: The Ultimate Recipe Guide - Over 100 Recipes
50 Shades of Quinoa
Coconut Flour Recipes
Nutella Recipes - The Ultimate Collection
Macaroons: The Ultimate Recipe Guide - Over 100 Recipes

Simply add your email below to start receiving free ebooks this very weekend!"

To view a complete list of all of their books, click here.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 07-16-2014 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Update
Old 07-16-2014, 10:34 AM   #791
gabby98
Wizard

I get emails from Encore all the time...most times there are links to the Amazon page to acquire the freebies. I think there are very few that are pdf only.

Quote:
Encore Books is a major cookbook publisher.

Here's a website where you can see the message and sign up: http://encorebookclub.com/. I'm just going to cut and paste from the message that I got about this, in order to save time.

You'll notice at the end of the message that it prompts the person to give their email address. That's the only thing that you'll have to give to receive the free ebooks, and you'll want to do that because that's how they let you know that they have another cookbook that they want to give you.

UPDATE: After submitting my email address just a few minutes ago, Encore sent me right away a link for the first book, 50 Shades of Quinoa by Jonathan Doue. The book was in pdf. Will all of them be in pdf? I dunno.

"Free Recipe Ebooks!
* Best Selling Recipes from around the world! *
Receive free ebooks delivered directly to your inbox! We promote our eBooks FREE for the first 5 days of every publication. That means you will be the first to know when new books are published. (up to 5 books per week!) That is a lot of books! Not to mention our other exclusive promotions. Our collection encompasses a wide variety of topics including healthy natural foods, food allergy alternatives, gourmet, desserts and pastries. Just to name a few.

A few of our #1 Best Selling books include:

Natural Vitamin Water
Kale: The Ultimate Recipe Guide - Over 100 Recipes
50 Shades of Quinoa
Coconut Flour Recipes
Nutella Recipes - The Ultimate Collection
Macaroons: The Ultimate Recipe Guide - Over 100 Recipes

Simply add your email below to start receiving free ebooks this very weekend!"

To view a complete list of all of their books, click here.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #792
gabby98
Wizard

Grandma's Simple Cookbook:OMG EZ 120 Recipes by Mary Jo Montanye
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BKNAYS4/

50 Nutella Recipes: Nutellalisciouness For Every Nutella Lover Alive - Kindle edition by Charity Wilson
http://www.amazon.com/50-Nutella-Rec...dp/B00KNLQPVO/
Old 07-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #793
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Healthy Meals for Less: Great-Tasting Simple Recipes Under $1 a Serving by Jonni McCoy is free today.
B&N Amazon
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #794
gabby98
Wizard

NIM'S ISLAND: Excellent Stuff to Make, Cook, Read, Do - Kindle edition by Wendy Orr
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008H456O6

Vegetarian Cookbook: Vegetarian Sandwiches (vegetarian cooking for everyone) (vegetarian diet) (vegetarian weight loss) (cookbooks Book 3) - Kindle edition by Ruby Cooper
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HYNJPTI

Raw Vegan Recipes: A simple guide for improving energy, mental clarity, weight management, superfoods, herbs, and total body nourishment with the use of organic plants. (Raw Food Recipes) by Kevin Kerr
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HN2ZIP0

Cocktails At Home: How To Surprise Guests With Perfectly Appropriate Drinks For Every Occasion - Kindle edition by Vanessa Pagan
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L016VOC
Old 07-17-2014, 02:00 AM   #795
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabby98 View Post
I get emails from Encore all the time...most times there are links to the Amazon page to acquire the freebies. I think there are very few that are pdf only.
That's good news. I didn't relish the thought of accumulating a bunch of pdf cookbooks.