Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #421
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
Question I have is how did you extract the original apk from the rescue image? I did notice the rescue set essentially restores from a system.img that is written using dd -- can this .img just be mounted as is to extract files?
Disregard this they mount fine in Linux, so can take the backup original apk/odex/packages.xml.

I have also just extracted fonts from a seperate dump provided by boroda so will put them up somewhere online if necessary, but will try as you suggested jackie and check how defaults work if you don't set it in reader.xml -- I still want to create it to enable clock and try out the page refresh settings...

Last edited by log; 08-15-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #422
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
I have also just extracted fonts from a seperate dump provided by boroda so will put them up somewhere online if necessary, but will try as you suggested jackie and check how defaults work if you don't set it in reader.xml -- I still want to create it to enable clock and try out the page refresh settings...
Whoa...two things...

1. Under no circumstances am I suggesting you create a reader.xml file unless you also create the 7 css files to go with it. Only Morkl knows what would happen otherwise and, as far as I know, the only thing he has said is
Quote:
"Number of custom styles should always be 6 (+ a "default" style that is imported before any style specific ones); expect nasal daemons otherwise."
2. Are you sure those extracted fonts aren't copyright material? I don't advise you posting them without careful checking. The Moderators will be on you in a flash.
Advert
Old 08-16-2012, 05:40 AM   #423
Schussel
Schussel began at the beginning.

When I was working with the Root-Explorer the file-names will not be visible, because of white text on a very light background. In the Wiki https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST1_working_apps there is a short comment for the Root-Explorer to switch from 16-color mode to mono.

Where is that switch ?
I haven't found that neither in the Root-Explorer nor somewhere else.

On the Rooting & Tweaks Page https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...ony_homescreen is another tip for "Changing Android menus from White-on-Black to Black-on-White" with a Link www.the-ebook.org Forum, where I can't find anything as well.

Thanks in advance
Schussel

Last edited by Schussel; 08-16-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #424
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks jackie, will not post then. I thought might be necessary if reader.xml can't reference the internal fonts.

I'll try reader.xml with only other conf set eventually... I'd imagine if the <styles/> node was not defined it would just use the default.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:35 PM   #425
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Thanks jackie, will not post then. I thought might be necessary if reader.xml can't reference the internal fonts
I don't see how the internal fonts would ever be inaccessible... unless someone went berserk with the Delete key on a rooted device.

Quote:
I'll try reader.xml with only other conf set eventually... I'd imagine if the <styles/> node was not defined it would just use the default.
That may well be true. I think I'll leave it to you to test, though
Advert
Old 08-17-2012, 12:46 AM   #426
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Should Reader discussions be here or in this thread?

I had a bit of a play around with the reader.xml and what is and isn't needed.

With this
Code:
<styles default="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/default.css" />
and leaving out all the <style ..> entries both the clock and the font size overrides work. You get the default font choices, but default.css is ignored. Leaving out the <styles ...> section altogether gives the same behaviour.

Using
Code:
<styles default="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/default.css">
</styles>
gave random behaviour. Sometimes Reader gave a force close message, sometimes it started but took a while. These surely would be some of Morkl's "nasal daemons". Don't do this!

Simplifying the first example this complete reader.xml
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<reader pagesPerRefresh="1">
        <informationBar left="none" right="clock_hm" />
</reader>
gives you the default font size choices, a clock at the bottom and of course Morkl's bold/italic fixes.

I didn't try having the wrong number of <style ...> entries in the <styles> section.

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:51 AM   #427
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now for a question about reader.xml.

I've got the Amasis font set up in my /mnt/sdcard/reader/css/default.css, rather similar to that in the example default.css in the wiki.

The problem is that choosing an alternate css that specifies a different font with the Reader font selector doesn't seem to override the font set up in default.css. I've tried sprinkling !important around default.css but nothing has made a difference so far.

Anyone know exactly how to do this? I'll post my full reader.xml, default.css and one of my font css files if that'll help.

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:27 AM   #428
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Hi Simon,

Please do post your files so we can take a look. I have 7 css files (default + 6 alternates) and don't use !important at all, and it still works.

Also, jackie_w's post is much better than the wiki: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=362
Old 08-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #429
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur

Here's my reader.xml:
Spoiler:
Code:
        <fontSizeTableEpub>
                <int>65</int>
                <int>68</int>
                <int>71</int>
                <int>75</int>
                <int>79</int>
                <int>83</int>
                <int>87</int>
                <int>91</int>
        </fontSizeTableEpub>
                <style name="Amasis"        file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/amasis.css" />
                <style name="Amasis Sony"   file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/amasis-sony.css" />
                <style name="Caecilia"      file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/caecilia.css" />
                <style name="Cambria"       file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/cambria.css" />
                <style name="Lexia DaMa"    file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/lexia-dama.css" />
                <style name="Palatino Nova" file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/palatino-nova.css" />
        </styles>
        <!-- clock_hm, clock_hms, none -->
</reader>

Here's my css/default.css:
Spoiler:
Code:
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/AmasisMT.otf)}
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/AmasisMT-Italic.otf)}
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/AmasisMT-Bold.otf)}
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/AmasisMT-BoldItalic.otf)}

@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/FrutigerNeueLTW1G-Regular.otf)}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/FrutigerNeueLTW1G-Italic.otf)}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/FrutigerNeueLTW1G-Bold.otf)}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/FrutigerNeueLTW1G-BoldIt.otf)}

@font-face {font-family: monospace; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/DarkCourier.ttf)} 
@font-face {font-family: monospace; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/DarkCourierI.ttf)} 
@font-face {font-family: monospace; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/DarkCourierB.ttf)}
@font-face {font-family: monospace; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/DarkCourierBI.ttf)}

@page {
        margin-top: /* 10pt */ 5pt;
        margin-bottom: 0;
        margin-left: /* 5pt */ 2pt;
        margin-right: /* 5pt */ 2pt;
}

body, body.book, body.text, body.calibre, body.calibre1, body.calibre2, body.calibre3, body.calibre4 {
    font-family: serif; 
    /* line-height: 1.2; */
    margin-left: 0; margin-right: 0;
    text-align: justify;
}

Here's my css/caecilia.css
Spoiler:
Code:
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Roman.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Italic.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Bold.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-BoldItalic.ttf);}

Here's my css/cambria.css
Spoiler:
Code:
@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaR.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaI.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaB.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaBI.ttf);}

/*
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaR.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaI.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaB.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaBI.ttf);}
*/

body, html {
        font-family: "Cambria", serif;
}

Here's my css/lexia-dama.css
Spoiler:
Code:
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa-Italic.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa-Bold.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa-BoldItalic.otf);}

@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa-Italic.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa-Bold.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa-BoldItalic.otf);}

body, html {
}

The other 3 css files are essentially the same as the Cambria.

Any hints will be greatly appreciated .

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #430
Jerry Cornelius
Jerry Cornelius began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello, I have installed the June reader on my non-rooted PRS-T1 and it works fine, I'm glad to have the clock in the lower right corner.

However I would like to change the fonts and styles as described above but when I connect the PRS-T1 to my Win7 PC I don't see the [READER Drive:]\reader\ directory where should be located the reader.xml file and css directory for the custom css files.

Is this normal and should I create the [READER Drive:]\reader\ directory myself? Or should I root my PRS-T1 to get access to the [READER Drive:]\reader\ directory?
Old 08-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #431
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
Hello, I have installed the June reader on my non-rooted PRS-T1 and it works fine, I'm glad to have the clock in the lower right corner.

However I would like to change the fonts and styles as described above but when I connect the PRS-T1 to my Win7 PC I don't see the [READER Drive:]\reader\ directory where should be located the reader.xml file and css directory for the custom css files.

Is this normal and should I create the [READER Drive:]\reader\ directory myself? Or should I root my PRS-T1 to get access to the [READER Drive:]\reader\ directory?
You need to create the [READER Drive:]\reader\ directory yourself - you don't need to root your T1 to do this. Usually you'd copy the reader directory from Morkl's zip file to [READER Drive] on your PC/Mac/etc and then customise to suit.

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #432
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Here's my reader.xml:
Spoiler:
Code:
        <fontSizeTableEpub>
                <int>65</int>
                <int>68</int>
                <int>71</int>
                <int>75</int>
                <int>79</int>
                <int>83</int>
                <int>87</int>
                <int>91</int>
        </fontSizeTableEpub>
                <style name="Amasis"        file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/amasis.css" />
                <style name="Amasis Sony"   file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/amasis-sony.css" />
                <style name="Caecilia"      file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/caecilia.css" />
                <style name="Cambria"       file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/cambria.css" />
                <style name="Lexia DaMa"    file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/lexia-dama.css" />
                <style name="Palatino Nova" file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/palatino-nova.css" />
        </styles>
</reader>

Here's my css/default.css:
Spoiler:
Code:
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/AmasisMT.otf)}
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/AmasisMT-Italic.otf)}
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/AmasisMT-Bold.otf)}
@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/AmasisMT-BoldItalic.otf)}

@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/FrutigerNeueLTW1G-Regular.otf)}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/FrutigerNeueLTW1G-Italic.otf)}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/FrutigerNeueLTW1G-Bold.otf)}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/FrutigerNeueLTW1G-BoldIt.otf)}

@font-face {font-family: monospace; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/DarkCourier.ttf)} 
@font-face {font-family: monospace; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/DarkCourierI.ttf)} 
@font-face {font-family: monospace; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/DarkCourierB.ttf)}
@font-face {font-family: monospace; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/DarkCourierBI.ttf)}

@page {
        margin-top: /* 10pt */ 5pt;
        margin-left: /* 5pt */ 2pt;
        margin-right: /* 5pt */ 2pt;
}

body, body.book, body.text, body.calibre, body.calibre1, body.calibre2, body.calibre3, body.calibre4 {
    /* line-height: 1.2; */
    margin-left: 0; margin-right: 0;
    text-align: justify;
}

Here's my css/caecilia.css
Spoiler:
Code:
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Roman.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Italic.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Bold.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-BoldItalic.ttf);}

Here's my css/cambria.css
Spoiler:
Code:
@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaR.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaI.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaB.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaBI.ttf);}

/*
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaR.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaI.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaB.ttf);}
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/CambriaBI.ttf);}
*/

body, html {
        font-family: "Cambria", serif;
}

Here's my css/lexia-dama.css
Spoiler:
Code:
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa-Italic.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa-Bold.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa-BoldItalic.otf);}

@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa-Italic.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa-Bold.otf);}
@font-face { font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/LexiaDaMa-BoldItalic.otf);}

body, html {
}

The other 3 css files are essentially the same as the Cambria.

Any hints will be greatly appreciated .

Cheers,
Simon.
Hi Simon,

If your default.css works, I think your lexia-dama and caecilia stylesheets should work (but I don't think the cambria will work without the full list). Could there be a typo in the filepaths or font filenames?

If not, try using the full list that you used in the default.css for all of the css files:

body, body.book, body.text, body.calibre, body.calibre1, body.calibre2, body.calibre3, body.calibre4

If your default.css does not work and the filepaths/filenames are correct, try adding div and p to the list, as in:

body, body.book, body.text, body.calibre, body.calibre1, body.calibre2, body.calibre3, body.calibre4, div, p

If none of this helps, give another holler.

best, pssquirrel

Last edited by pssquirrel; 08-17-2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: revised my thinking on this
Old 08-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #433
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've had a check and the fonts are able to be changed on the T1 without a problem. Default is set to Charis SIL, Arial & Charis SIL smallcaps. reader.xml has not been changed.

default.css
Code:
@font-face{ font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/CharisSILR.ttf);}
@font-face{ font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/CharisSILI.ttf);}
@font-face{ font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/CharisSILB.ttf);}
@font-face{ font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/CharisSILBI.ttf);}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/arial.ttf);}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/ariali.ttf);}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/arialbd.ttf);}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/arialbi.ttf);}
@font-face{ font-family: smallcaps; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/CharisSILSmCp-R.ttf);}
@font-face{ font-family: smallcaps; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/CharisSILSmCp-I.ttf);}
@font-face{ font-family: smallcaps; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/CharisSILSmCp-B.ttf);}
@font-face{ font-family: smallcaps; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/CharisSILSmCp-BI.ttf);}

html {
  font-size: 93%;
  widows: 0;
  orphans: 0;
}

body {
  margin-top: 0;
  margin-left: 0;
  margin-right: 0;
  text-align: justify
}
a.css
Code:
@font-face{ font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/AmasisMTW1G.otf);}
@font-face{ font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/AmasisMTW1G-Italic.otf);}
@font-face{ font-family: serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/AmasisMTW1G-Bold.otf);}
@font-face{ font-family: serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/AmasisMTW1G-BoldItalic.otf);}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/AmasisMTW1G.otf);}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/AmasisMTW1G-Italic.otf);}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:normal; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/AmasisMTW1G-Bold.otf);}
@font-face{ font-family: sans-serif; font-style:italic; font-weight:bold; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/AmasisMTW1G-BoldItalic.otf);}

html {
  widows: 0;
  orphans: 0;
}

body {
  margin-top: 0;
  margin-left: 0;
  margin-right: 0;
  text-align: justify
}
HTML and body are the same in a-f and the fonts are the default ones.

Last edited by JSWolf; 08-17-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:19 PM   #434
pssquirrel
ebooknut

Hi Simon,

I thought of another way to approach this.

Here is stripped down css that I confirm works on my T1. Copy and paste these, then use them as templates to create 7 css files (default + 6), changing only the filepaths and filenames indicated in red.

Load it onto your T1. If it works, add the rest of your css until it stops working and you'll know where your problem is.

If it doesn't work, then the problem is either in the filenames/filepaths -- or the epub is using classes you haven't included in the list, which is entirely possible.

default css (do not change)
Spoiler:
Code:
@font-face {
	font-weight: normal; 
	font-style: normal;  
	src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/AmasisMTW1G.otf);
	} 

@font-face {
	font-style: italic;  
	src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/AmasisMTW1G-Italic.otf);
	} 

@font-face {
	font-weight: bold; 
	src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/AmasisMTW1G-Bold.otf);
	} 

@font-face {
	src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/AmasisMTW1G-BoldItalic.otf);
	}

body, body.book, body.text, body.calibre, body.calibre1, body.calibre2, body.calibre3, body.calibre4, div, p {  
}

alternate css using custom font (change only the filepath/filename in red to match what's on your reader):
Spoiler:
Code:
@font-face {
	src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/userfontA.ttf);
	} 

@font-face {
	src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/userfontA-italic.ttf);
	} 

@font-face {
	src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/userfontA-bold.ttf);
	} 

@font-face {
	src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/reader/fonts/userfontA-bolditalic.ttf);
	}

alternate css using resident font (change only the filename in red):
Spoiler:
Code:
@font-face {
	src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/VerdanaW1G.otf);
	} 

@font-face {
	src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/VerdanaW1G-Italic.otf);
	} 

@font-face {
	src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/VerdanaW1G-Bold.otf);
	} 

@font-face {
	src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/VerdanaW1G-BoldItalic.otf);
	}

reader.xml
Spoiler:
Code:
	<fontSizeTableEpub>
		<int>57</int>
		<int>76</int>
		<int>88</int>
		<int>100</int>
		<int>116</int>
		<int>131</int>
		<int>176</int>
		<int>229</int>
	</fontSizeTableEpub>
		<style name="A" file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/a.css" />
		<style name="B" file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/b.css" />
		<style name="C" file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/c.css" />
		<style name="D" file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/d.css" />
		<style name="E" file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/e.css" />
		<style name="F" file="/mnt/sdcard/reader/css/f.css" />
	</styles>
	<informationBar left="none" right="clock_hms" />
</reader>

Hope this helps.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:13 AM   #435
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur

With some help and suggestions from this thread, I've tracked this down to user error.

The epub I was looking at, a Calibre converted Kindle book, had the following spread through the css:
Code:
font-family: "Times New Roman", "serif";
Removing those and all is good! I had thought that I was looking at the font specified in my default.css when I was actually looking at the default T1 font, and for this reason had thought that my default.css was working as expected.

Calibre has a option under Look & Feel/Filter Style Information to remove font style information. I haven't tried that yet, but suspect it would have helped.

A quick look through my library shows 139 books out of 462 have a font-family: reference. A number of these are just font-family: Serif so I can ignore them, but there are a number I'll go and have a further peek at.

I guess there must be a CSS way to override something like font-family: "Times New Roman"? More ideally, I'm looking for something that can say "if there's no embedded font, then override the font". For example, I wouldn't want to override the Fontin font in Jelby's Three Men in a Boat epub.

Cheers,
Simon.
Closed Thread