Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 05:17 AM   #16
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Now on my list after reading all the other members' comments ... Cheers....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:24 AM   #17
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
Having read one of Richard's books, I bought and read them all. They are all excellent - the best I have read on Smashwords. My only criticism is that it's been over six months and he hasn't written any more.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:25 AM   #18
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
Having read one of Richard's books, I bought and read them all. They are all excellent - the best I have read on Smashwords. My only criticism is that it's been over six months and he hasn't written any more.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:59 AM   #19
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley View Post
Wow! What can I say?
You could say you're hard at work on The Tide Mill 2!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:15 AM   #20
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Er ... I'm actually at work on Book No. 4 in a quartet of which Tide Mill is No. 2 (in chronological order). Book 1 is set in the Viking era and is still in the research stage; Book 3 (about 1630) will come last. Each book is separated in time by about 400 years, and features reincarnations of the four principal characters.
Richard Herley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:18 AM   #21
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great news, Richard! Will we be able to buy/download Books 1 and 3 soon? Sorry, my selfish gene is typing this ...

Edit:
Nevermind! I didn't read your post properly. Book 1 is being researched and Book 3 comes last.

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 08-17-2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:40 AM   #22
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
I think that Richard is saying that we get 2, 4, 1, then 3. If they're 400 years apart, number 4 would be modern, right?
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:28 AM   #23
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ben -- Yes, No. 4 is modern. It begins in 1943 and ends in the mid 1980s. I don't want to say much more about the plot just yet.

Moe -- I'm not sure what publishing model to adopt for the rest of the quartet, but even publication of No. 4 is a long way off yet so please don't hold your breath!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #24
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley View Post
Ben -- Yes, No. 4 is modern. It begins in 1943 and ends in the mid 1980s. I don't want to say much more about the plot just yet.

Moe -- I'm not sure what publishing model to adopt for the rest of the quartet, but even publication of No. 4 is a long way off yet so please don't hold your breath!

What the wise man said !!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #25
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt

Come on, Book 4!

Last edited by Moe The Cat; 08-17-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:09 PM   #26
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley;1060096 [I
The Penal Colony[/I], a professionally written and proofed 103,000-word thriller, is free to download at ... I have made this book available for nothing, like The Stone Arrow, to bring readers to my other books at Smashwords. If you like The Penal Colony, I'd much appreciate a Smashwords review to raise its profile for those browsing the site for free reads!
Took a quick look at The Penal Colony, then took a quick look at The Stone Arrow. Decided I liked your writing style and the books themselves looked like fun, so I bought all of your books for less than I would have paid for just two paperback books ... gotta love Smashwords.

I'll write reviews as soon as I get to them. Right now I'm in the middle of the The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series by Michael Scott ... pretty good reads, especially considering they were written for the YA market.

Last edited by frquixote; 08-18-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: typo
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #27
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Thank you! I got this book and realized I had downloaded it from feedbooks probably a year ago? Along with a few others (including Tide Mill). Somehow, they slipped down my TBR list and I am thankful you brought them back to my attention!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:42 AM   #28
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I just finished Richard's book! I very much enjoyed it. I especially liked seeing the main character change over time. I'll be buying more books by this great author, for sure.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:50 AM   #29
robkat
Connoisseur
robkat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 300
Just read Penal Colony and thought it was a great book. Hope this is not a portent of the future.
robkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:37 AM   #30
Richard Herley
Author

Thanks, everyone!

robkat -- it's set in 1997 ...