Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
cyberico
cyberico began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
usb keyboard/printer

as noob as can b. I have a question (before actually buying an irex)( I work almost exclusively with pdf documents for my research) :

since someone ported abiword why can't I plug a normal usb keyboard (and a mouse for that matter) and start editing right on the device. also why not add a couple of printer drivers and print directly from the device.

in every university or office I go there's always a keyboard and a printer. I would definitely buy a device with this capability and leave my computer/ laptop/netbook etc at home.

has been done already? can it be done?
Thank you very much.
cyberico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
# An usb keyboard is working, several language layouts available. Have a look here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Ilia...B_input_device
# Printing was discussed somewhere. Can be complicated with all the stuff which is needed for it.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 04:19 AM   #3
cyberico
cyberico began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
# An usb keyboard is working, several language layouts available. Have a look here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Ilia...B_input_device
# Printing was discussed somewhere. Can be complicated with all the stuff which is needed for it.
Thank you. I would make a 'sticky' on this one.
cyberico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:21 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Cyberico. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote