Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
DixieChick
Trip Planner
DixieChick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Roll Tide!!!!!

Hello from Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I don't actually get my Kindle until Christmas but I have downloaded quite a few books and can't wait to get going. I am trying to finish up the last of my Pbooks.

It's nice to have these forums.
DixieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Welcome, but I think someone already has your name!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2009, 11:54 PM   #3
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	hello051bunnywithhatwaitt.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	40204 DixieChick, and welcome to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:46 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi and welcome to MR
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieChick View Post
Hello from Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I don't actually get my Kindle until Christmas
Welcome to Mobileread! There's a lot of really well formatted classic books available in the mobileread library (E-Books link on the blue bar). Any of the Mobipocket format ones will work fine on your Kindle once you have it.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #6
DixieChick
Trip Planner

Somebody already has my name? How did they let me have this name then?

Thanks for the welcome, folks.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #7
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:

Hello .
You're the only DixieChick there is - there is a DixieGal and a DixiePeep though.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:

Welcome to MobileRead.

I think GARussel is thinking of "DixieGal".............or he's thinking of the "Dixie Chicks" something entirely different.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:

I think that GA is confusing you with DixieGirl. I think that you are the only DixieChick here. There is also a DixiePeep.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I think that GA is confusing you with DixieGirl. I think that you are the only DixieChick here. There is also a DixiePeep.
Theres a "DixieGirl" too??? I wonder if DixieGal's listening???
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:30 PM   #11
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I guess I'm confused!

Anyway, welcome here!
Old 11-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #12
DixieChick
Trip Planner

Lots of Dixies here. Hello to all the other ones!
Old 11-27-2009, 07:13 PM   #13
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hi DixieChick! Welcome to MobileRead.

Gee, since there are so many 'Dixie's here, can any of you tell me where or how the term 'Dixie' became associated with America's South? We've all used the term for so long but I never gave any thought to where it came from before. I'd be interested to know...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #14
DixieChick
Trip Planner

Stitchawl,

Wish I could tell you. I'm originally from California!
Old 11-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #15
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Hi DixieChick! Welcome to MobileRead.

Gee, since there are so many 'Dixie's here, can any of you tell me where or how the term 'Dixie' became associated with America's South? We've all used the term for so long but I never gave any thought to where it came from before. I'd be interested to know...

Stitchawl
Yes. Having grown up in New Orleans, I happen to know the answer to that.

When the French controlled New Orleans and the southern Mississippi River region, they printed currency notes. I imagine they were francs. Ten in French is dix. So the ten franc note had "dix" on it. Yankees saw them and called them dixies. So New Orleans and that region came to be called "the land of dixies".

From there it changed to "land of Dixie" and then to just "Dixie".