Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
brainsmoke
brainsmoke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Calibre 0.9.9

I have tried to install version 0.9.9 on my WinXP pro machine and it doesn't work. I had to uninstall it and reinstall the old version. The 0.9.9 version works fine on my Win7 machine. Anyone have a similar issue?
brainsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsmoke View Post
I have tried to install version 0.9.9 on my WinXP pro machine and it doesn't work. I had to uninstall it and reinstall the old version. The 0.9.9 version works fine on my Win7 machine. Anyone have a similar issue?
There are 2 Windows Versions now:
Don't try the (NEW) 64bit version on XP (most folk only have the 32 bit version) . if you see 64 in the name of the MSI, you were trying the wrong version. ('Cuz my 9.9 works great on XP )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Works fine on Vista 32-bit. Did you try downloading again? Try downloading from main site and alternate: http://calibre-ebook.com/download_windows
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
brainsmoke
brainsmoke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
thanks, I'll try again. It may be an issue with the copy. I have the same copy that I applied to both PCs, I have it on my NAS and it may have gotten corrupted while I was copying it over. I will try copying again and reinstalling. I downloaded the 32bit version only for both machines.
brainsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote