Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #61
jeff363
jeff363 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thank you so much for the quick response!

I looked at the hyperlink you added and yet, on the page, I still could not detect where 04.18 was and where 04.19 is so that I can see the change? What am I not looking at? How do I find a "Version Bump" in the list?
jeff363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 12:00 PM   #62
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just search the page for the string 0.4.18

EDIT: Here's a slightly friendlier link
https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/tim...&update=Update

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 11-11-2007 at 12:04 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2007, 12:05 PM   #63
jeff363

I got it!! This is done differently than most revision histories I have seen. Most of them are more like a list of things that have changed and that was what I was trying to look for. This version is more like coding changes, which takes a little more reading to understand. But works!! Thank You...
Old 11-11-2007, 12:09 PM   #64
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah I don't have the time to maintain a separate list of changes, since I typically release libprs500 once a week. Perhaps once development slows down I'll add a traditional changelog.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:11 PM   #65
jeff363

Kovid - Don't get me wrong. The link that you sent works great and the updates that you do are FAR more important.

Again, Thanks..
Advert
Old 11-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #66
intenost
intenost began at the beginning.

Fetching News error: unpack requires a string argument of length 6

Hi just got a Sony PRS-505 and I'm getting acquainted with what it can do. I luckily found this site and your application which as a Mac user (although I do run Windows in a virtual machine when necessary) it will be very nice to interact with the Reader via OS/X.

I just downloaded 0.4.19 and get the following whenever fetching news (any of the 3 feeds). I saw this error came up earlier in the thread, not sure if it's been fixed in the past, but I wanted to report it.

Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/libprs500.app/Contents/Resources/main.py", line 513, in news_fetched
File "/Applications/libprs500.app/Contents/Resources/main.py", line 279, in _add_books
File "libprs500/ebooks/metadata/meta.pyo", line 25, in get_metadata
File "libprs500/ebooks/lrf/meta.pyo", line 256, in get_metadata
File "libprs500/ebooks/lrf/meta.pyo", line 477, in __init__
File "libprs500/ebooks/lrf/meta.pyo", line 76, in __get__
File "libprs500/ebooks/lrf/meta.pyo", line 343, in restore_pos
File "libprs500/ebooks/lrf/meta.pyo", line 521, in unpack
File "struct.pyo", line 87, in unpack
error: unpack requires a string argument of length 6

Thanks and Regards,

-Ost
intenost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 10:28 PM   #67
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Oops looks like I introduced a new bug. For the time being use the commandline

Code:
web2lrf nytimes
Old 11-12-2007, 01:49 AM   #68
JeffB
JeffB began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Frankly, if Sony supported the 500/505 1/10th as well as Kovid, they'd have the best reader on the market.

As an OS-X user, I'm constantly frustrated by the hoops I have to jump through in order to even use the device the way it's intended.
JeffB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #69
pcskibum
Skibum
pcskibum began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
When I convert a file and try to save it to a folder I get the following message:

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:/Download Temp\\Daniel Silva\\Kill Artist \\Kill Artist - Daniel Silva_88.lrf'
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 479, in save_to_disk
File "libprs500\gui2\library.pyo", line 130, in save_to_disk
File "libprs500\library\database.pyo", line 1090, in export_to_dir
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:/Download Temp\\Daniel Silva\\Kill Artist \\Kill Artist - Daniel Silva_88.lrf'

For some reason it adds a u' in front of the path. Am I doing something wrong? How do I correct this?

Thanks
pcskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:06 AM   #70
shoggot
shoggot began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
When I convert an html file to lrf via libprs (or via any2lrf, or via html2lrf on commandline, I get an interesting situation:

Not liking the short-bus fonts of the 'true' Table of Contents display, I instead use simple html links, roughly like so:

Quote:
<p><a href="#position1">chapter 1</a></p>
<p><a href="#position2">chapter 2</a></p>
<p><a href="#position3">chapter 3</a></p>
<p><a href="#position4">chapter 4</a></p>

<a name="position1"></a><b>chapter 1</b><br>
Content
<a name="position2"></a><b>chapter 2</b><br>
Content
<a name="position3"></a><b>chapter 3</b><br>
Content
<a name="position4"></a><b>chapter 4</b><br>
Content
This turns into a nice lrf, with links, etc - but! When I choose, say, 'chapter 3', I will, instead, be transported to the page which contains 'chapter 2' and the name tag 'position2'. IE, it always goes to the tag prior, for inexplicable reason.

I can work around this, via offsetting links / anchors, but it's annoying, patently.

prs-505 = reader, librs500 is being used for conversion, movement/maintenance I'm doing manually, so haven't moved up in version (haven't noted anything in changed which would seem to pertain to this).
shoggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 12:09 PM   #71
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Hmm adding a style="page-break-before: always" to the <a name> tags should fix this.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:34 PM   #72
shoggot

Thank you, testing now.

EDIT: clarification, would this be the syntax?
Quote:
DCA1-BHN7ZB1# ./html2lrf.exe --page-break-before-tag="a name" --font-delta=-2 --left-margin=5 --right-margin=5 --top-margin=5 Clus4.htm
IE, does it know that the matching text should be in a <> construct? Or should the match be "<a name="?

EDIT2: Didn't work as above, also tried --force-page-break-before-tag & having the string = "<a name=", with same results... Going to stick an empty <h12> text at each point, trying that now.

Last edited by shoggot; 11-16-2007 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Compulsive editor.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #73
shoggot

d'oh, that h[12] would be h1 or h2. Trying again. (currently have
Quote:
<h1> </h1><a name="position1"></a>
in place, with string for page-break-before-tag = " ")

Testing...

Well, that's interesting. The links now go to the correct location - but there's no page break there. The links are working correctly now at least, and that's the main thing for me.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #74
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

If all you need is chapter headings to link to the following html will work

Code:
<a href="#chap1">....

<h2 style="page-break-before:always" id="chap1">Chapter 1</h2>
Old 11-16-2007, 01:06 PM   #75
shoggot

mm, but would that result in a table-of-contents listing? I'm actively trying to avoid that. Though I note the link... Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. You do good work, based on what I've read here and on the linprs500 site.

Tags
libprs500, prs-505