Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Duplicate offer, or similar offer?

So, previously we had this offer, which had to be used by 6/30, and I did:

Use your Visa® card to buy select bestsellers and get a $10 Amazon.com credit.

Now we have this offer, which must be used by August 31:

Use your Visa® card to buy
select Kindle books and
get a $10 Amazon.com credit

Are these the same offer, or merely similar offers? If I buy a book from this list that I am only vaguely interested in, but < $10 am I risking losing my money in some vain hope to gain $10-price_of_book ?

I wish they'd make it clearer which offers are duplicates, and which are merely similar.

BTW, anybody else notice that the movie streaming offer was PER DEVICE, rather than per account?
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I don't know the answer, but do you get the credit right away? If so there's no risk as you can return the book (within 7 days) if you don't get the credit.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
So, previously we had this offer, which had to be used by 6/30, and I did:

Use your Visa® card to buy select bestsellers and get a $10 Amazon.com credit.

Now we have this offer, which must be used by August 31:

Use your Visa® card to buy
select Kindle books and
get a $10 Amazon.com credit

Are these the same offer, or merely similar offers? If I buy a book from this list that I am only vaguely interested in, but < $10 am I risking losing my money in some vain hope to gain $10-price_of_book ?

I wish they'd make it clearer which offers are duplicates, and which are merely similar.

BTW, anybody else notice that the movie streaming offer was PER DEVICE, rather than per account?
It's more than likely the same offer. Neither offer had the usual 4 day deadline to claim them by and they both have link to the same page.

BTW, "both" offers expire 31 Jul, not 31 Aug. That's the latest date that Amazon will credit your account.

edit: it's not 31 Aug; it's 21 Aug

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-06-2011 at 04:46 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I don't know the answer, but do you get the credit right away? If so there's no risk as you can return the book (within 7 days) if you don't get the credit.
Quote:
3. A $10 Amazon promotional credit will be applied to your account at the end of the offer period, but in no event later than August 21, 2011.
Since the offer expires 31 Jul, the credit won't be applied until sometime between 31 Jul and 21 Aug. That would rule out trying it twice, since the 7-day deadline for returns would occur before then.

They're more than likely the same offer. Maybe someone will call Amazon to be sure.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Since the offer expires 31 Jul, the credit won't be applied until sometime between 31 Jul and 21 Aug. That would rule out trying it twice, since the 7-day deadline for returns would occur before then.

They're more than likely the same offer. Maybe someone will call Amazon to be sure.
Yeah, I considered calling them, but thought maybe somebody here had already figured it out. ;-) If there was anything there that I really wanted I'd just risk it, but all of the goods stuff on the current list I've already read.
Advert
Old 07-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #6
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Yeah, I considered calling them, but thought maybe somebody here had already figured it out. ;-) If there was anything there that I really wanted I'd just risk it, but all of the goods stuff on the current list I've already read.
The listing is a bit weak. Which book did you get?

For those who haven't jumped on this offer yet, don't pass it by. Even if none of these books appeal to you, get "Protector" for $3.82; which would net you $6.18 in free money.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:03 PM   #7
twowheels
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The listing is a bit weak. Which book did you get?

For those who haven't jumped on this offer yet, don't pass it by. Even if none of these books appeal to you, get "Protector" for $3.82; which would net you $6.18 in free money.
I haven't jumped on this one yet... last time I got "Kindred" by Octavia Butler, which turned out to be much better than I expected, and introduced me to a 'new to me' author whose work I'll probably continue to read, but I can't find anything on this list that appeals to me that I haven't already read, except for maybe Room, but it's exactly $10, so I'd have to make the decision to just buy it outright since I'm not sure that this is a distinct offer.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #8
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I haven't jumped on this one yet... last time I got "Kindred" by Octavia Butler, which turned out to be much better than I expected, and introduced me to a 'new to me' author whose work I'll probably continue to read, but I can't find anything on this list that appeals to me that I haven't already read, except for maybe Room, but it's exactly $10, so I'd have to make the decision to just buy it outright since I'm not sure that this is a distinct offer.
You were talking about the first time this was offered, which was 27 Apr. That one expired 21 May and the credit was applied not later than 30 Jun.

I thought you were talking about the current one, which has appeared twice in a row - 30 Jun and 04 Jul. The current one is definitely a separate offer, so jump on it.