Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #466
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I was worried because of the reviews saying it wouldn't format, it ran hot, it died, etc.. I'll give it a try later.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
*sending quality bananas to helpful monkey*
You're welcome; and thanks.

There's something missing. We have Black Friday and Cyber Monday, so where the heck is Banana Wednesday? Monkeys need deals too.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #467
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Thanks I got mine from Apple for $268. I avoid Best Buy like the plague so would have no use whatsoever for the GC.
You're welcome. What color did you get?

About the only time I shop at Best Buy is during the holiday season; and most of that is online.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #468
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Is class 4 or 10 really any better? Is it worth the cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
The higher speed classes, like class 10, are important for video cameras, etc., that make large files quickly. They can be helpful with still cameras in terms of being ready for a second shot, if your camera can take advantage of it. It would usually say so in the documentation.

It's not a factor for MP3 playback or an ereader, as far as I've ever seen.
What cromag said. For most users, standard cards are all they need. The reason I got the high speed cards is because they were cheaper at Costco than the standard cards other places were selling.

Heads up for those with a Costco nearby. Costco's Black Friday ad continues till the end of business on Sunday. The 32GB SanDisk Ultra cards are still available for $16 each.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #469
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
You have a Galaxy Player? Which one? I am getting a 5" today or Monday. Is an older Android a bad thing like an older Apple or Windows software?
I have the Galaxy Player 4.0 and Gingerbread works just great on it. I've yet to encounter an app I wanted that wouldn't work. I doubt Samsung will ever upgrade it to Ice Cream or Jelly Bean.

Eventually, apps will come along that won't be compatible with Gingerbread. But that's progress. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the device.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #470
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
If anyone catches a Cyber Monday deal for the Nexus 7, let us know! Office Depot is a 2.75 hour round trip drive. Likewise for most other stores, except Walmart. Our Sears closed down this year.
I'll still be tracking these deals over Cyber Monday. If the Nexus 7 crops up, I'll post it.

Man, you live out in the sticks! Is your nearest Office Depot in the Tri-Cities? You should move to Seattle and you'll be surrounded by tech stores.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #471
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I have the Galaxy Player 4.0 and Gingerbread works just great on it. I've yet to encounter an app I wanted that wouldn't work. I doubt Samsung will ever upgrade it to Ice Cream or Jelly Bean.

Eventually, apps will come along that won't be compatible with Gingerbread. But that's progress. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the device.
Thanks tubemonkey.

Why do you doubt they will ever upgrade?

You know I still can't find out if a Apple is compatible with the Galaxy Player 5. I have looked in questions and answers at Samsung, read their book, and asked here. It is drag and drop the box says. But says compatible only with Windows.

Anyone? I don't want to open it if not. Probably is risky, but guess that is what I will have to do. Can you drag and drop everything?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #472
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Thanks tubemonkey.

You know I still can't find out if a Apple is compatible with the Galaxy Player 5. I have looked in questions and answers at Samsung, read their book, and asked here. It is drag and drop the box says. But says compatible only with Windows.

Anyone? I don't want to open it if not. Probably is risky, but guess that is what I will have to do. Can you drag and drop everything?
It should be fine. If not you can use ES File Explorer or WiFi Explorer Pro to transfer stuff back and forth. No need to connect to Computer. I've never connected mine yet to my computer.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #473
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Thanks tubemonkey.

The Galaxy Players and Ice Cream Sandwich were both released in Oct 2011. I got my SGP4 last Black Friday and still no upgrade. If it hasn't happened by now, I doubt it'll ever happen.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #474
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
My grocery store has a cyber monday sale. Online only with free shipping.
Ipod nano 16 GB 7th Gen $129.99
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 16 GB $279.99
Kindle Fire HD $179.99

http://link.grocery-email.com/YesCon...msgVersion=web
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #475
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
I'll still be tracking these deals over Cyber Monday. If the Nexus 7 crops up, I'll post it.

Man, you live out in the sticks! Is your nearest Office Depot in the Tri-Cities? You should move to Seattle and you'll be surrounded by tech stores.
SticksRUs ... and yes, nearest OD is Tri-Cities. Probably couldn't afford a house in Seattle though! And not much traffic here, which I like! Plus love the big sky effect out here.

But yeah, it's a long drive for most tech stores. Which is why I have hopes for Cyber Monday! And if not, well, maybe it's for the best. I don't really *need* the Nexus 7, but I'd love to play with one.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #476
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
The Galaxy Players and Ice Cream Sandwich were both released in Oct 2011. I got my SGP4 last Black Friday and still no upgrade. If it hasn't happened by now, I doubt it'll ever happen.
Yep. I got my SGP5 last 2011's Cyber Monday. No upgrade. I think if you root it, there might be custom ROMs, but I'm not that brave.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:01 AM   #477
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
SticksRUs ... and yes, nearest OD is Tri-Cities. Probably couldn't afford a house in Seattle though! And not much traffic here, which I like! Plus love the big sky effect out here.

But yeah, it's a long drive for most tech stores. Which is why I have hopes for Cyber Monday! And if not, well, maybe it's for the best. I don't really *need* the Nexus 7, but I'd love to play with one.
I've been through your neck of the woods many a time on my way to Idaho and Utah. I understand why you live out there. As for me, I'm a born and breed city monkey and need the urban sprawl. At least here, it's pretty confined to the I-5 corridor between Olympia and Everett. Head east and you hit the sticks pretty fast. I love that part, because it's always nice to leave the urban sprawl behind for a relaxing getaway.

I'm patiently waiting for my Nexus 7 to arrive. I'll definitely let you know if one hits the deals.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:06 AM   #478
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
My grocery store has a cyber monday sale. Online only with free shipping.
Ipod nano 16 GB 7th Gen $129.99
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 16 GB $279.99
Kindle Fire HD $179.99

http://link.grocery-email.com/YesCon...msgVersion=web
Thanks, those are pretty good deals. I'll add them as soon as I set up the categories.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:17 AM   #479
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Yep. I got my SGP5 last 2011's Cyber Monday. No upgrade. I think if you root it, there might be custom ROMs, but I'm not that brave.
I'm brave enough, but I'm getting tired of doing it. Gingerbread still satisfies my needs.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #480
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
I picked up an amazing one-time PS Vita bundle on Amazon as well as the new laptop I've needed for about two years. (Can't wait until it's time to replace my NC10 with something powerful -- sadly, it's running perfectly!)

Of course, I'm not going into any of that because it's all unrelated to the thread.

Cyber Monday deals could trigger more paroxysms of indecision for me and that would be fun. Perhaps I'd even give in.

Edit: Given our recent blackout in NYC, I was hoping for something like this.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-25-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote