Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 02:27 AM   #1
arsingh1
Nameless Being

Difference between e-ink and e-paper.

Hi,
Can anyone explain to me the technical difference between e-ink and e-paper technologies.
I mean the working of both .
and which one is better .
THanks
Old 04-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsingh1 View Post
Hi,
Can anyone explain to me the technical difference between e-ink and e-paper technologies.
I mean the working of both .
and which one is better .
THanks
E Ink is a name for a particular e-paper technology, see http://www.eink.com/

Epaper is the general name for a display technology that works by reflected light, and takes no (or very, very little) power for a static image.

There are several epaper technologies in the works. Mirasol seems to be the most interesting to me, but isn't actually on the market yet (in large screens, anyway). Liquavista also looks interesting.

But just at the moment, E Ink is the only h=game in town. Hopefully that'll change by the end of 2010.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
arsingh1
Nameless Being

Hi ,
Thanks for the reply .
I want to know how E-ink display works ?
It's mechanisn.
Thanks

Last edited by arsingh1; 04-06-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
http://www.eink.com/technology/howitworks.html

Tiny little capsules embedded in a transparent plastic sheet. In each capsule are some positively charged white particles and some negatively charged black particles. By controlling the voltage applied across the sheet, the particles can be move to one side or the other, creating white and black (well, light grey and dark grey) patterns.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Electrophoresis
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert