Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-20-2009, 07:13 AM   #1
aznativegirl
aznativegirl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Kindle apps...iPod touch...can I use usb to download to an iPod touch?

Hello,

I've been online searching for solutions to my being out of the USA for about a year and 2 broken kindles, and how to ship for repair when I'm in Turkey, I shut my iphone service off due to astronomical bills for data transfer. $2500 for a month! OMG! you know how many kindles and books i could have purchased for that?

Anyway, I am looking for a way to transfer all my purchases onto my iphone without service or is there a kindle app for the computer? or if I bought an ipod touch over here could i download via usb? I'm frustrated because amazon wont ship to turkey (and I"m awaiting their response to my silly dilemma as well). Anyway, i'm a bit techno challenged. I did see something about a ipodbrowser, but only for windows not mac...this is giving me such a frustration headache.

I did download a reader, but it wont open the azw files. I'd even buy a new kindle but shipping to turkey...i've been told amazon wont or cant ship here and if i have someone from home ship it to me it will get hung up in customs for up to 6 months and they will charge me for the product as well.

Am I making this too difficult or is there an easier solution for getting books here?

Thank you for any solutions available. Including purchasing an ipod touch if i can usb from my mac the azw files/books i already purchased and downloaded. I will keep googling for answers. I don't want to buy yet another piece of technology if it won't solve my issue.

Thank you kindly.
aznativegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
aznativegirl
aznativegirl began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Well,

I haven't gotten any replies, however, my problem is solved. I plugged in my iPhone and updated it with the new iPhone update and suddenly all my books began to download!!! Holy Cow! I checked my data usage and it was fine. I had set up the home lan awhile ago but had not had any luck using it and apparently this is what routed my content to my iPhone. FYI. So, I anticipate no new astronomical phone bills or further issues downloading my books. I also found that the ereader downloads just fine as well. I HOPE that this is the solution and no nasty surprises await me via AT&T. Just thought I'd share from a seriously NON techno person!!! Happy day, I'm off to read some more books and on the upside, i was able to download a bunch of classics for free by finding the ereader! Yeah!!! Hope everyone else has luck as well.
aznativegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert