Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
MacEvansCB
Enthusiast
MacEvansCB began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Major problem with italic paragraphs

This problem happens when converting either epub or PDF to RTF. The result is the same either way.

Any time an entire paragraph is in italics, the resulting RTF file is messed up. The paragraph that is supposed to be in italics is in normal text and the NEXT paragraph that is supposed to be in normal text is in italics.

This doesn't happen if just part of a paragraph is italicized.

???????????????????????????????

Currently in v0.8.16 - Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8 - but this has been happening in previous versions too. I just ran into a document with piles of italicized paragraphs interleaved with normal paragraphs and this is really a pain. I did a forum search on italics, but didn't find anything close to this problem.
MacEvansCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Try this... convert to HTMLZ, unzip the contents and load the HTML into your word processor and save as RTF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
MacEvansCB
Enthusiast
MacEvansCB began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thanks, JS ....
I've been using the RTF converter since day one with Calibre and I guess that's been the source of all my problems.
I'll use the HTMLZ converter from now on.
MacEvansCB is offline   Reply With Quote