Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-11-2008, 04:08 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, the case really is essential for the Gen3, whereas the case you get with the Sony is perfectly adequate. For me personally, though, (as a former Sony owner) the Gen3 really is worth paying the extra for. Others may of course feel differently.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For ALL eink readers, a case is essential to keep them protected.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:55 PM   #33
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
It arrived today! It already had a charge - although I've not worked out yet if there's a battery indicator on it, and it was already loaded with a few demos and a few free books and even a few images.

I've turned off the flash refresh, and I'm only seeing a tiny amount of ghosting, which I have to really concentrate on to see.

Thanks for all the help, not just in this thread in choosing my device. I'm very happy
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:20 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The battery meter is at the bottom of the library screen. I'd recommend that you give it a full charge; until you do, the battery meter won't read at all accurately.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #35
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The battery meter is at the bottom of the library screen. I'd recommend that you give it a full charge; until you do, the battery meter won't read at all accurately.
Yep. I should have edited my post. I quickly found out how to tell the charge on the battery, and it's now had a full charge. I hadn't ordered a light yet, I've now ordered the "bug light" (at least I think it's the same one!) from an Amazon merchant. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mighty-Brigh...6709257&sr=8-1

Once that's in, I can read books in the dark. So far no issues at all.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

But if you have a light, you're not reading in the dark any more, are you?
Old 03-28-2008, 11:13 AM   #37
Halk
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But if you have a light, you're not reading in the dark any more, are you?
Hmm. Fair point, I've cancelled the orders.

Can anyone recommend a night vision attachment for the Cybook? :P
Old 04-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #38
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Search the forum for the term "bug light". That will give you a good light. Or search for "ear light". Either will do quite well.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #39
Halk
Fanatic

Sorry I was being sarcastic :P I ordered the Bug Light as it says in post 35. One week later and the batteries are still going. I may have gone over the top when I ordered 12x 1000 mAh AAA batteries for it :P
Old 04-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #40
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Where did you get 12x 1000mAh AAA batteries? Are they rechargeable?
Old 04-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #41
Halk
Fanatic

They're rechargable. eBay. I bought a UniRoss X-Press 700 battery charger, which came with 4 1000 mAh NI-MH batteries, and I paid a bit extra to get the guy to put in another 8. Came to about 23 quid I think.