Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #91
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
The KUAL prerequisites also cover that eventuality.

Just saying
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #92
yahwing
Enthusiast
yahwing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awak View Post
From the look of crash log, it ... Or if you have NOT bought anything yet from the Amazon's store, just use the attached "combined" developer store - It works for me...
Thank you very much for your help! I have installed the "combined" developer store, but it made no differences.
yahwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #93
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Since the Kindlet starts up correctly, the problem is not with the developer keystore. I suspect it's with the stored data being in an outdated format, but I can't for the life of me find where they are stored. They used to be in /mnt/us/developer/ too, but maybe they moved that to /var/local with the new Kindlet implementation.

My suggestion: try deleting the app (using long-tap, delete), then reinstalling it.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #94
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahwing View Post
I have installed the "combined" developer store, but it made no differences.
Is that means you have not installed the "combined" developer keystore before? i.e. You do not have the developer key "vanhoa.keystore" after you have copied the Chinese Chess to your kindle?

After you have installed the "combined" developer keystore, have your contents of Crash Log changed?

The developer keystore is located at /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore, check that it has changed recently.

If you do not find any unusual things, do as ixtab says: reinstall the app.

If it still not working: Reset the Kindle, do the "Device Jailbreak" again, then "Kindlet Jailbreak", then install developer keystore (and no other hacks added yet) and see if it works.

If you try "hard" enough and patient, things will turn out right - As a lot of people can play this game in their kindle, I don't see why you can't...
Awak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #95
yahwing
Enthusiast
yahwing began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awak View Post
Is that means you have not installed the "combined" developer keystore before? i.e. You do not have the developer key "vanhoa.keystore" after you have copied the Chinese Chess to your kindle?

After you have installed the "combined" developer keystore, have your contents of Crash Log changed?

The developer keystore is located at /var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore, check that it has changed recently.

If you do not find any unusual things, do as ixtab says: reinstall the app.

If it still not working: Reset the Kindle, do the "Device Jailbreak" again, then "Kindlet Jailbreak", then install developer keystore (and no other hacks added yet) and see if it works.

If you try "hard" enough and patient, things will turn out right - As a lot of people can play this game in their kindle, I don't see why you can't...
Thanks, I'll try what you say if I have time.
yahwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #96
x13n0114
x13n0114 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Support for Kindle 4 NT

Hi, I have had a Kindle 4 NT since last xmas.

Could anyone tell me
a) What kindles this kindlets this is compatible with?
b) if this kindlets supports Kindle 4 NT?
c) Tell me the latest download/post for Chinese Chess the latest

Unfortunately I am no java coder, but I am sitting A-level Chinese so I can help with issues with Chinese language and rules etc.

x13n
x13n0114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #97
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

3 4 and 5 and PW

Have to find the latest...

EDIT ah right... yeah HERE for the lower devices

I dont think awak recompiled for them

Last edited by twobob; 03-19-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: found it
Old 03-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #98
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan
Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Awak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
[URL="http://www.vhn.vn/Link:KindleChineseChess-latest"]
I dont think awak recompiled for them
I can recompile the project for Kindle 3 & 4 - Some parts of the code have been commented out which I guess is for them. However, I have only got Kindle PW myself and cannot test the software unless someone can do it for me...

Recently I have made a lot of changes on the project's code - Not sure what will the changes have any side-effects (bugs) to the Kindle 3 & 4.

So unless Amazon or someone can give me a Kindle 3 & 4 for free (Sorry that I won't buy one as I am quite happy with my Kindle PW), you need to use the original first version of the Chinese Chess! May be it is time for you to buy a new Kindle PW ...
Old 03-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #99
twobob

I could test it briefly for you.

Also... I would suggest a little TABLE OF SUPPORTED DEVICES and your very own new shiny thread.

you have versions that work on the 5.3.4.1 and versions that work on the older revisions.

What not make them all available. with a listing of support.

Anyways. those are my thoughts
Old 03-22-2013, 03:29 AM   #100
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Quote:
I could test it briefly for you.
Thanks.

Quote:
Also... I would suggest a little TABLE OF SUPPORTED DEVICES and your very own new shiny thread.
How to make a new thread here?

Quote:
you have versions that work on the 5.3.4.1 and versions that work on the older revisions.

What not make them all available. with a listing of support.
I presume the "5.3.4.1" is firmware version - How do we test the software for varies firmware version? Do we need to uninstall and install versions of different firmware to test it?

Since you have so many models of Kindle, may be you can help building "a list of supported devices" - I cannot do it as I have only one model...
Old 03-22-2013, 03:41 AM   #101
twobob

list of stuff...

Okay well.. make a new thread "Pictured"

List of supported devices...

There is already anecdotal evidence to say which releases work on which revisions. And if we get it wrong you can BE SURE someone with mention it.

but yeah. I will do my best.

Also I'm a moderator so with your permission I can just edit your posts anyways.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_229.png
Views:	167
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	103302  
Old 03-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #102
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

OK, I don't want people waiting too long even there are still bugs in the Chinese Chess program - I have fixed many already, but it seems the bugs keep coming, like a "Never Ending Story"...

I may just release it so that people can enjoy the new features of the game sooner rather than later. However,...

As a word of warning, don't use the buttons unless you have move a step already when first start a new game - there are still bugs there. If the computer takes too long to solve a step in puzzle and the "thinking" message may not be there, simply exit the program and run it again.

The major features I have added are two buttons: "Side" and "Hint".

"Side" button allows you to change side of the game at any time. It is VERY useful to solve those Chess Puzzles. Because usually the puzzle put the Red Side in a very difficult position: Any single wrong move will lost the game! By changing side, you can ask the computer to solve the puzzle for you - But be patient, it may take a while for the computer to work out the next step! However, it does help me to solve a few puzzles...

"Hint" button allows the computer to move the current turn on behalf of you. But beware the process can be VERY fast and once it has moved your step, it will move its own step next pretty quick that you don't know what is happening to the game... I will do some improvement later on such as let the "Movement Track" visible on both sides at the same time.

Next thing is I have add a Game Level of "Human vs Human" so that two people can play the Chess Game at the same time. Obviously, the Side button has replaced with Hint button in this case.

Enjoy!

================================================== ================

Changes in Version 0.1.2

1. Fix a bug that the title of some Chess Puzzles are too long to display on the screen.
The font size of the long title is half and length of it has shorten if necessary.

2. Store the Game Time in file so that it remembers the time even Kindle is in sleep mode.

3. Added a Game Level of "You vs Human" so that two players can play against each other.

4. Added Hint button so that computer will play the turn when pressed.

5. Added Side button so that player can change side - Very useful to solve the Chess Puzzles!

6. Change the color of the Chess Movement so that it won't mix up with the chess piece image.

Known Issues:

A serious bug that if player cannot make the final move of the game to save his King,

the program does not know to end the game and just hang up there.

Install instructions

1. Delete the old file "KindleChineseChess-touch.0.0.9.azw2" from your Kindle.

2. Unzip the attached file.

3. Just copy the new file to your Kindle.

Now, I can go to sleep and take a GOOD rest!
Attached Files
File Type: zip KindleChineseChess-touch.0.1.2.zip (222.2 KB, 115 views)
Old 03-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #103
twobob

Failure to launch.?

and you forgot to update the version string again?

(1.1 is shown on long press more info?)

I'll try a reboot..
EDIT: Didn't help

Quote:
[23/03/2013 17:24] Kindle Chinese Chess (v. 0.1.1)

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.Kindle tSecretKey.ZDb(euc:937)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.Kindle tSecretKey.Fgb(euc:614)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.G.Fgb( vrc:1410)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.G.ieb( vrc:773)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.G.OEb( vrc:1320)
at com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.internal.security.G.getC hars(vrc:1333)
at vn.vhn.amazon.kindle.chinesechess.posCollection.lo calIsSolved(Unknown Source)
at vn.vhn.amazon.kindle.chinesechess.posCollection.po pulateSolvedArray(Unknown Source)
at vn.vhn.amazon.kindle.chinesechess.posCollection.<i nit>(Unknown Source)
at vn.vhn.amazon.kindle.chinesechess.Main$1$1.run(Unk nown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueueProxy.dispatchEvent(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHi erarchy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHier archy(Compiled Method)(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.AGUIEventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknow n Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.startup(Unknown Source)
Ill try updating the dev certs from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=90

EDIT: Nope... still didn't work.
Hmm... Maybe I'll just go get your source code and build it myself.

DOH! you didnt push it up

Here my efforts end. sorry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_239.png
Views:	166
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	103360   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_240.png
Views:	157
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	103361   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_241.png
Views:	153
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	103362  

Last edited by twobob; 03-23-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #104
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

Sorry, my mistake - I forgot to update the manifest file. Just too tired and easily to make mistakes...

Don't know why my kindle doesn't complaint...

Please replace the following attachment with previous one to avoid confusion. Thanks!

Please test it again quickly - I really need to sleep soon..
Attached Files
File Type: zip KindleChineseChess-touch.0.1.2 (good).zip (223.0 KB, 132 views)
Old 03-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #105
Awak
Wuxia Novels Fan

I am using this developer keystore for compiling, are they OK to use?
Attached Files
File Type: zip developer.zip (17.0 KB, 112 views)