Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #22171
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations to everyone!

dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:03 AM   #22172
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Chores done, and Keemun tea in my cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
How funny that you finally post a song that is the one song I will always turn off or change a station when I hear it. I do not like how it makes me feel.
Sorry, Dreams. It always gave me such good feelings. There was a regular Saturday night open mic hootenanny at a local guitar store, and as a finale to the evening, everyone would join in playing and singing this song. I guess I played and sang it every Saturday night for three years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
W00T!
Today, my entire family earned Black Belts. What did you do?
Congratulations to you all!! Now you can begin to learn karate! Hajimemashite! Banzai! Omedeto gozaimasu! It really gets good from this point on!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #22173
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
W00T!

Congrats!

I managed not to fall asleep at work and while driving. I consider this a major accomplishment.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #22174
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
W00T!

Well done. Congratulations!

Ardbeg in my glass.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #22175
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Chores done, and Keemun tea in my cup!
Sorry, Dreams. It always gave me such good feelings. There was a regular Saturday night open mic hootenanny at a local guitar store, and as a finale to the evening, everyone would join in playing and singing this song. I guess I played and sang it every Saturday night for three years!<snip>l
No problem, it is just one of those things. I think everyone I know likes that song. I wish I knew what I associate it with to make me feel the way I do about it.

Cheese tortillas and an evening cup of coffee.
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 02:52 AM   #22176
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
W00T!

Congratulations!

And Prof, try some solid food in the evening so that Lucas's tummy stays full overnight, worth a try but you'll have to work out what works for you (and him).

Cappuccino in my cup and then back to cleaning out the sewing room in preparation for my new you beaut machine.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:46 AM   #22177
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
W00T!

Congrats to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post

I managed not to fall asleep at work and while driving. I consider this a major accomplishment.
congrats as well.......

in my cup: cold coffee
packing my things.....bring on those mummies and pyramids.....
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:17 AM   #22178
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dining alone tonight... my wife left me... I broke my diet and ate Italian sausages and German sausages and home-made French bread. The sausages were from Costco and were vile... (that'll teach me to break my diet.) The French bread was pretty darn good. And now I'm drinking a biiig mug of Ceylon Uva tea and getting ready to make some popcorn and watch a movie. I sure hope my wife comes back. The dishes are starting to pile up...

Stitchawl
Old 11-17-2012, 04:43 AM   #22179
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
W00T!

Very well done to all of you, Vincent.

Quote:
Dining alone tonight... my wife left me...
Did she get the dishes done then? Not nice to leave them festering overnight...

Rooibos in my cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #22180
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Did she get the dishes done then? Not nice to leave them festering overnight...
No... no. These are MY dishes from today. She left early this morning to catch the Shinkansen (the Bullet Train) to Tokyo, and washed her dish and cup before she left. Truth be told, I've already washed them. As soon as I finish eating I do them immediately. (Burned pans might have to soak for a few hours but the bowl or plate get's washed before I sit down again.

I have a 'rule' that I follow when I'm in bachelor mode; only one plate, one bowl, one fork, one spoon, one pair of chopsticks, etc., etc. out at any given time. So if I want to eat again, I have to wash them... and there is never any big build-up in the sink to deal with. It's a trick I learned from an OCD friend many years ago for keeping the house cleaner. Nothing ever piles up. I even did all the laundry already too. I'm not a 'duster' or a 'sweeper,' but I will mop the kitchen floor periodically. And I'll vacuum the living room at least once a month, but that's dangerous. Fortunately, my wife only goes away for a couple of days at a time (usually for some sort of class,) and she LOVES to vacuum and dust.

And now.... a big glass of Bombay Sapphire, a bowl of popcorn, and a guy flic! I wonder if I have a copy of "Barb Wire" with Pamela Sue Anderson? Hmmmmm......

Stitchawl
Old 11-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #22181
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Congratulations to you all!! Now you can begin to learn karate! Hajimemashite! Banzai! Omedeto gozaimasu! It really gets good from this point on!

Stitchawl
Yep, one of our instructors said on the way out , "now we can do the fun stuff" LOL
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #22182
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Congratulations!

And Prof, try some solid food in the evening so that Lucas's tummy stays full overnight, worth a try but you'll have to work out what works for you (and him).

Cappuccino in my cup and then back to cleaning out the sewing room in preparation for my new you beaut machine.
Once we know he is not allergic we will be adding the solids at dinner. So in five days. They recommend giving any new food in the morning so you can watch for allergies.

Three teaspoons of sweet potato and we were done. He didn't spit it out but I am not sure how much he ate.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #22183
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Once we know he is not allergic we will be adding the solids at dinner. So in five days. They recommend giving any new food in the morning so you can watch for allergies.

Three teaspoons of sweet potato and we were done. He didn't spit it out but I am not sure how much he ate.
Sweet potato was what I gave my son too. Next I added spinach. I used a blender to make all his baby food so everything was fresh.

Chicken noodle soup in my cup.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #22184
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Bah. Give that kid some steak and beer. Lets get the show on the road already! Sheesh.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #22185
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

I plan on making his food but we cannot bring that to day care. It has to be sealed, store bought foods. So I am buying organic baby food with as few ingredients as possible. Hopefully it will be easier that way.

His first taste went well. No crying or spitting it out. Hopefully tomorrow he will actually get some off the spoon on his own.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?