Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
seagull
Addict
seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.seagull considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
No Ebook Version

When a title is not available in a digital format and the publisher has "no plans" to make it available what do you do? Do you just buy a paper version and read it or do you scan it and use OCR software or what? I'm just puzzled at what to do, I really don't want to keep buying paper books but it looks like I'll have no choice for some.
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
To be honest I look in alternate places for the book. The internet is a wonderful thing and there are fans out there that take great care in generating eBooks. The Harry Potter series is a good example
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I don't think of ebooks as fundamentally different than other formats such as hardcover or paperback, so I react the same way as I did years ago. When I was still buying mass market paperbacks and the book I wanted wasn't in paperback I'd either buy a different book or buy it in a different format.

Now that I have a Reader, I no longer buy mass market paperbacks, so if a publisher doesn't sell what I'm willing to buy they don't get my money. (If I really want something that's not on the buy new in hardcover list - a very short list - I will usually try to get a used copy in hardcover.)
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote