Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #181
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (10th gen), Kobo Libra 2, Onyx Leaf2 Black
You need to install cr3runner as stated in the installation guide, it's the easiest way to run Cool Reader. Files are in the Downloads.
CrazyCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #182
jackhulk
Connoisseur
jackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: K3 3G
I've done exactly that and c3 is 100% working starting via launchpad, but not with kite, not with that script.
jackhulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #183
CrazyCoder
Zealot
CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CrazyCoder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Use cr3runner instead of kite. Get https://github.com/downloads/CrazyCo.../cr3runner.zip, unpack the appropriate install.bin for your Kindle model to the device, use Menu | Settings | Menu | Update Your Kindle, after reboot you will see Cool Reader book on the shelf, open it, Cool Reader will start.

Any problems with that?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #184
jackhulk
Connoisseur
jackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjackhulk has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Sorry, my mistake! cr3runner was my first install attempt early, and while dev Cool Reader appeared on Kindle, when I tried to start it, it just showed a blank screen. That's when I uninstalled and installed via alternative method, which was a success, apart from of course getting it to start with kite.

Just installed again via cr3runner again and now it's working perfectly.

A big thanks for your help and patience.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #185
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Sorry, can't help you with Kite, I've never used it. Try asking in the Kite thread.
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #186
jackhulk
Connoisseur

Er? All sorted as per my last post, and Karma added.

Thank you
Old 12-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #187
CrazyCoder
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhulk View Post
Er? All sorted as per my last post, and Karma added.

Thank you
Glad that it worked, my answer was for this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=180.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:42 PM   #188
jackhulk
Connoisseur

Yeah working nicely now, and it's great, thank you.

Apart from those listed on the menu, is there a list of keyboard short-cuts please?
Old 12-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #189
CrazyCoder
Zealot

See cr3/data/keymaps.ini file.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #190
jackhulk
Connoisseur

Old 12-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #191
Stino
Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCoder View Post
Cool Reader 3 for Kindle Paperwhite and Touch.

1. Follow the instructions from Collection Manager. Ensure it works on your device.
2. Download and unpack cr3-kindle-2012-10-04.zip on Kindle. It's a base older version.
3. Download/clone GitHub repository.
4. From dist-kt folder copy all the files to Kindle (overwriting existing files).
5. Run Cool Reader from the shelf.

On my rooted PRS-T1 the Coolreader was my most used program and I like it a lot. Thats why I jailbreak my new Paperwhite to install CR3 there as well. It needs a bit of time to figure all thinks out, but finally this steps here working a treat and I have now an working CR3. But there are some strange behaviors with CR3 on the Paperwhite that I had not on my PRS-T1.

1.) First off all I miss an feature to jump to a specific page or position in an large book.
Is there a way I can change my ini-files to activate this "hidden" feature or is this not coded yet for the PW?

2.) When I activate Book Info I found no way to left this window/dialog except to restart the hole device.

3.) There is no virtual on-screen keyboard!? When I try to search something in the book I had no possibility to enter letters in the search dialog since the paperwhite has no physical keys. I found not even a way to close this search dialog. Again only a restart of device helps to left this trap.

4.) I can add bookmarks, nice! But how can I remove them on the bookmark list?

5.) If you enter the bookmark list without having an Bookmark added before you are trapped again. Only reboot of device helps to left this screen.

Well, I hope you can fix this issues in a newer version of the program to make it as good as on the PRS-T1. Thanks a lot for the work you have already done! I give it a big thumbs up!
Stino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #192
CrazyCoder
Zealot

1. It's not possible until virtual keyboard is implemented for this Qt application.

2. Use the swipe from right to left to close any dialogs, check help.png in dist-kt for the latest test version, it mentiones this action.

3. See #1, virtual keyboard is missing, but it something that is planned, though it's not easy to add properly.

4. In the latest test version Delete action is assigned to the two finger tap in the middle of the screen.

5. See #2.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #193
Stino
Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Stino can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks! The gestures you mention in point 2. to 5. works a treat. Sorry, but I miss that in the help.png.

As workaround to for to navigate quick through an large book I use now the CMD_JUMP_FROM_PAGE function of CR3.
1.) I increase the number of jumped pages from 10 to 100 inside keymaps.ini:
Code:
[mainwindow]
Key_Left = CMD_JUMP_FROM_PAGE, -100
Key_Right = CMD_JUMP_FROM_PAGE, 100
2.) I define an area on screen in touch.ini to use it:
Code:
[4]
6=0x01000012
8=0x01000014
Stino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:09 AM   #194
phuongxuanhieu
phuongxuanhieu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
I have just got a Kindle PW. I update FW 5.3.1 from 5.3.0, jailbreak follow ixtab and do anything CrazyCoder guided. I copy one epub file into documents folder. But when I press Cool Reader icon the screen change blank and message appear :
No document
Welcome to CoolReader! Please select file to open
Screen frozen and I can't return to the Home. I must reset my Kindle by press and hold power button.
What did I do something wrong? Please show me solutions.

Last edited by phuongxuanhieu; 12-12-2012 at 05:15 AM.
phuongxuanhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #195
phuongxuanhieu
phuongxuanhieu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Hi everybody. Very happy to do it my self. I do step by step one again and anything well. Now I can read epub file on my Kindle paperwhite. Thanks CrazyCoder.
P/S : I can't change down/up selection on setting... Example : Text font, interline spacing (%), Min space width (%), paper margin ... because not virtual keyboard appear. Hope CrazyCoder release a new update soon. How can I change it thought keymap.ini? Text size very small and difficult to read.

Last edited by phuongxuanhieu; 12-12-2012 at 06:07 AM.
phuongxuanhieu is offline   Reply With Quote