Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #35101
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I bought a new car today. Picking it up on Wednesday so I'm looking up the various features etc...
How fun.

And....? What kind? What model?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #35102
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
What did you buy?
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #35103
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
How fun.

And....? What kind? What model?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
What did you buy?
Mercedes E Class estate (is that a 'wagon' in the States?). I like bigger cars - and it's pretty big by UK standards.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #35104
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
I bought a new car today. Picking it up on Wednesday so I'm looking up the various features etc...
Shouldn't you just be able to drive it? Benz make heavy cars! I hope you enjoy it all! And can figure out how to USE all those features. We are still trying to figure out how to get the darn Navigator to take us where we want to go!

(PS... You shoulda bought a motorcycle...)

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #35105
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Shouldn't you just be able to drive it? Benz make heavy cars! I hope you enjoy it all! And can figure out how to USE all those features. We are still trying to figure out how to get the darn Navigator to take us where we want to go!

(PS... You shoulda bought a motorcycle...)

Stitchawl
I am pretty strong

I never really got into motorbikes - sorry
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #35106
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I just realized that today is Saturday... Tonight is the beginning of the Jewish "Festival of Lights!" So Shabbat Shalom and Happy Hannukah to those who will be lighting the first candle of the 8-day holiday. Remember, the candles are placed right to left, but lit left to right!

Although I haven't practiced Judaism in more than 40 years, I find it interesting to note that virtually all of the Jewish holidays (with only one or two real exceptions) are 'festivals' rather than heavy, solemn occasions. A pretty happy bunch!

Stitchawl
Thank you.

I don't practice the faith anymore either. Though I recognize the heritage and enjoy the festivities.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #35107
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Mercedes E Class estate (is that a 'wagon' in the States?). I like bigger cars - and it's pretty big by UK standards.
Nice. It is like a station wagon here, or what use to be called that.
Our first ones were a 450 convertible and the 500 something. I think the thing I loved most was the seat warmers, especially in the snow.

You will love it. Have fun exploring all the buttons and controls.

Right now it is neighbor Christmas exchange day, so we are exchanging gifts and thanking each other for being such good neighbors and watching out for each other.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #35108
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Thank you.
I don't practice the faith anymore either. Though I recognize the heritage and enjoy the festivities.
My mother always would remind me of the various Jewish holidays (she absolutely refused to acknowledge the fact that I chose a different religion 40 years ago) when ever they came up. But with her passing, it's only the Internet that tells me when something is happening now.

Quote:
Right now it is neighbor Christmas exchange day, so we are exchanging gifts and thanking each other for being such good neighbors and watching out for each other.
That sounds like a very nice custom! Is it usual where you live?

Stitchawl
Old 12-09-2012, 08:37 PM   #35109
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
<snip>That sounds like a very nice custom! Is it usual where you live?

Stitchawl
Sadly no. The Custom was more in common when I was little and the town was mostly rural and small. I returned many years later and now the rural town is mostly a city with pockets of agricultural land. There are only about five of us close together that do this by me. I have neighbors that bring my garbage cans in when I am at work and we invite each other over when we have family get-to-gethers. They exchange Christmas gifts with my parents also plus we bring home plates of dessert from our parents to share, especially when it is a favorite by one of the moms or aunts.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #35110
MrDoug
Banned
MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrDoug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad - Kobo Glo - Nook Glo - Samsung Galaxy Note II
Thinking about buying a Surface and a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.8.. and you?
Doug
MrDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:25 AM   #35111
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I'm modifying the case for my iPhone 5. I need to carry it in my shirt pocket so I can hear the ringer, but then if I bend over, it can slip out. So I bought some of that rubber no-slip matting being sold everywhere these days, and with a few drops of super-glue, made a sort of wrap-around the sides and back of the case. Also, this case didn't have a loop or opening for a strap, and I like just a single cord about the same length as the phone, just to give that extra 1/2 second's worth of time to catch the phone if it starts to fall. Sooo... I punched two little holes in the edge of the case, threaded in some nylon string, braided in two little wooden beads, with three different braid patterns, and now I'm waiting for the black 'Shoe-Goo' that I used to reenforce the rubber under the string to harden! Fun project for a snowy afternoon!

Stitchawl
Old 12-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #35112
Stitchawl
Opsimath

I don't know where else to put this, but I wanted to share it... On our walk today, we went into a pet shop we'd never been in before. Big fancy place inside a mall...
And I saw this... grabbed a photo of it with my camera before they asked me not to... This is dog food. Not people Food. Dog food. Each plate selling for around $6.70 USD... Smoked pork, Meatballs, and Hamburger.. each with a side dish, of course.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DogFood1.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	97498  
Old 12-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #35113
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I bet it sells well too.

Does that sign say "Many" Christmas?

Don't forget to share a pic of your project.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:48 AM   #35114
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
I bet it sells well too.

Does that sign say "Many" Christmas?
The '10% off' sign? No, that says 'frozen cake.' I didn't include it in this picture, but they were selling doggie birthday cakes too...

Stitchawl
Old 12-10-2012, 02:41 AM   #35115
dreams
It's about the umbrella

The green banner at the bottom and the red banner at the top say "Many" Christmas it looks to me.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?