Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-12-2008, 10:21 AM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
ABC CHM Converter

Gotta admit, ABC does good work with it's Amber CHM Converter. I've been re-formatting a bunch of ebooks on Embedded Linux over to PRC so I can read them on my Cybook.

For me, the process works best if I use CHM Converter to export to Word .doc format, then do any clean-up needed on that file (CHM Converter doesn't always recognize the Previous/Next buttons and occasionally leaves them in.) and then use Mobipocket Creator to create the .prc file.

I've got a couple of rather large ones, complete with large images (which it has re-sized nicely) that are actually rather readable on my Cybook. Good thing too as I was getting a crick in my neck from all the squinting at my PC's screen at the small font - CHM never seems to display the fonts and sizes I prefer, and they change from .chm to .chm file. Obviously, this problem disappears on the Cybook.

While I won't say that a 6" screen is the be-all and end-all for reading these ebooks, it works for me.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
wang960
wang960 began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Hi,

I'd like to try out this abc chm converter as I have some CHMs that I'd like to read on my Sony PRS 505, what is the reliable way to order this software? I tried their website and placed an order via SWReg, but I did not receive anything except a refund after several days. thanks

wang
wang960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert