Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-08-2017, 09:55 AM   #1
tostaky
tostaky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Aura H2O..still good ?

Hi !

I have a kobo touch for 3 years and i just star to use it again. The lack of light force me to use a headlight for night reading (95% of my reading time). I begin to look for a replacement of my old kobo touch (first generation). I,m In Canda, i could get a refurbt aura h2O with kobo sleep cover for 130$.

Questions:

1) Would it be a nice upgrade for my kobo touch?

2) Should I make the plunge and pay 250$ for the Aura one ?

3) Is the Aura h2O obsolete ?

Thanks !
tostaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:09 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The H2O is a nice upgrade and no it's not obsolete. I'm still using it's older brother, the Aura HD, every day and love it. Only you can really say if you should go for that or the Aura One. Perhaps there is a retail store near you where you could go an see both models in person to help you decide.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2017, 12:28 PM   #3
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
^ This. I'm also still using my Aura HD every day and am perfectly happy with it. And the H2O has newer display technology, so it should be even better than the HD.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:33 PM   #4
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
I bought an H2O and an Aura One in the last month.

I much prefer the Aura One with the integrated Overdrive feature, the nightlight, the thinner form factor, and the larger screen.

The longer battery life and lower price are the two big selling points for the H2O in my opinion.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:56 AM   #5
PeterHadTrapp
PeterHadTrapp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PeterHadTrapp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.PeterHadTrapp has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD "Brownie"
Hi tostaky,

the Aura H20 is still a very good Reader and absolutely not obsolete.
I have them both here, Aura ONE and Aura H20.

The light on the h20 is better, more homogenous.
And in question of the sharpness, I`m not able to discover a difference, although the aura ONE has a higher resolution in theory.
And you can use the aura H20 much longer without charging. I got the impression, that the reading time of the H20 is three times as long, as of the aura ONE.

The only reason for me to buy and use the aura one, is the bigger display.
An aura H20 is still absolutely state of the art. It is an enormous progress if you change from a kobo touch to an aura h2o.

Regards
Peter
PeterHadTrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2017, 08:44 AM   #6
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
The H2O is a great reader. The text is sharper than on the aura one, to my eye. My Aura One died last week and I've been using my H2O without any regrets other than missing the aura one night mode.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:57 AM   #7
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I have both the H2O and the ONE, and I think that the H2O with sleepcover for $130 is by far the better value. It will be a huge upgrade over the Touch in terms of size, light and acuity.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:57 AM   #8
tostaky
tostaky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch
Thanks for those answers ! I've decided to take the plunge. So far so good with my refurbished H2O !
tostaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:31 PM   #9
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostaky View Post
Thanks for those answers ! I've decided to take the plunge. So far so good with my refurbished H2O !
Congrats on your new reader!
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 01:33 PM   #10
ikkentobi
Enthusiast
ikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-booksikkentobi has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo h2o, kobo aura hd, onyx t68
The H2O is a great reader. If it leaves me, I'll buy the same model again.
ikkentobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:00 PM   #11
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Enjoy your H20! It's the best e-reader I've ever had and I've had a lot.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote