Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Wi fi problem since upgrade

My KT upgraded to the 2.0.5 last week and I found I had to set up the wi fi
connection again. But since then each time I turn on wi fi I have to re-set it again , ie go through a scan of wi-fis then re-enter my password. As my password is a long convulated one (my bad) it's a real nuisance.
Anyone else having this problem?
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Is it fixed with a log out and log back in to your account?
Is it fixed by a factory reset?
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
When I upgraded to 2.0.5 I had to enter password again then inter password after first sync with Kobo using wifi. After that no more problems. I have strong signal with full bars or one bar down from full.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:00 AM   #4
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. So I'll try once again and if that doesn't work I suppose I better do
a factory reset.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:15 AM   #5
voidoid
Connoisseur
voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.voidoid solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: kobo touch
Right from 1.9.x up to 2.1.5 I have always had to enter the password each time I connect with the touch. Isn't this normal?
voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
Katel
Evangelist

Not normal for me. Once I'd logged into my wifi network it always then
automatically connected me when I hit wifi.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Not normal for me either...
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
jimr
jimr began at the beginning.

Device: Original Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katel View Post
My KT upgraded to the 2.0.5 last week and I found I had to set up the wi fi
connection again. But since then each time I turn on wi fi I have to re-set it again , ie go through a scan of wi-fis then re-enter my password. As my password is a long convulated one (my bad) it's a real nuisance.
Anyone else having this problem?
Yes, that's just started for me since the 2.1.5 upgrade. Before, it was always connected, now I have to key in my password each time. It goes through a ritualistic network scan, request password, and reboot before I can connect wirelessly.

Not sure what to do to fix this. It's quite annoying to say the least.
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:37 PM   #9
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
I just upgraded a week or so ago to 2.1.5 and noticed I needed to re-enter my password for wifi. Which I've been too lazy to look up.

So, I'll try to do that, connect, and then see whether it asks me again a second time when connecting a second time.

I'd done the upgrade to 2.0.1 just fine without needing to re-enter my password. Since the password was set by my neighbor (we share wifi), it's so hard for me to remember. hence, my laziness on re-entering it to my kobo.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #10
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
... Since the password was set by my neighbor (we share wifi), it's so hard for me to remember. hence, my laziness on re-entering it to my kobo.
A good wifi password is hard to remeber.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #11
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
So I just tested this out, and apparently my Kobo Touch isn't storing my wifi password with the 2.1.5 upgrade.

I turned on wifi, had it scan networks, found my neighbor's, added the password, it connected, and I browsed the store for a little bit. Then, I powered off the touch.

Powering it back on, when I tried to turn on wifi, I had to go through the whole process again. Choose network (it's apparently not even recognizing it as a known network), retype password.

Not that I use the Kobo store ... but, that's disappointing that wifi was working before and now it's going to be a pain to get connected since it wont store known networks or passwords.

Edit to add: before, when I was on 2.0.1, when I turned on the wifi tick-box, and went to wifi connection, it would find the network(s) I had previously connected to, and it had saved the passwords, so it would automatically connect.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #12
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I touch the 3 line icon in right corner to pop up box. Touch on and see check mark in square. Touch sync and it connects and follows sync procedures with status at top of screen. I can also connect by navigating to settings select Wi Fi Connections. I have strong signal with only one bar dawn at far side of my house.

What is you signal strength? Your problems could be week signal causing slower to connect. Might have radio interference from wireless phone, interference from another router or something. Try connecting to wifi at another location. Maybe public wifi hot spot at a restaurant. Last time I had connecting problem 1 letter was wrong for pass word that my old eyes didn't see was wrong. Stored passwords for other sites also work for me.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:18 AM   #13
Katel
Evangelist

Unhappy

Filmo the wifi is connecting and the signal is powerful, but the problem is I have to keep entering the password each time I re-connect now. Just since 2.1.5.
A real pain in the you now what as like I said earlier my password is a mile long with numbers and symbols. I'm really regretting that I made it so safe.

Why has Kobo done this, I wish someone from there would tell us.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:25 AM   #14
Katel
Evangelist

Sorry for the frowny face at the top it wasn't supposed to be there.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:19 AM   #15
filmo
Wizard

Is router set to hide wifi name? That sometimes cause problems but shouldn't.