Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-25-2007, 05:01 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Minimo Installer for the iLiad (beta)

I'm releasing a beta of Mozilla Minimo for the iLiad.

This hasn't been thoroughly tested, so your mileage may very. It's a standard installer, but it will remove the existing Minimo on your iLiad. It's possible that it may break the stock html viewer. This is only available for 2.11, so you can reflash if you have any problems.

I'm attaching some screenshots.

To exit the program, open a new tab, or change settings, you will need to choose from the menu on the upper left (there's not an icon for the menu, just blank space). See the screenshots for an example.

Please give me lots of feedback. The refreshed can be changed by editing the iliad_refresh.conf in the Minimo folder of your programs directory. You can find any error output in output.txt

Edit: Attachment Updated. Should fix some refresh issues. Added connection manager scripts from Dillo.

Those who previously installed should be able to run new installer without issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minimo1.png
Views:	3484
Size:	290.2 KB
ID:	6753   Click image for larger version

Name:	minimo3.png
Views:	2770
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	6754  
Attached Files
File Type: zip minimoinstaller.zip (6.50 MB, 2991 views)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:30 PM   #2
nkelle
Trainee bricked one Iliad
nkelle began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad ER0100 soft 2.12
Hi,
I wrote this via Iliad/minimo/usb-keyboard/wifi after a view crashes but the feelng is great
It seem crashes came from german-usb-keyboard and differences with the keyboard driver, as long as i do not use the backspace from the numberblock anything works stable..
Installer works nice and soo easy..
greets
nkelle

Last edited by nkelle; 10-25-2007 at 05:49 PM.
nkelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2007, 05:37 PM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

What is the error when it crashes?
Old 10-25-2007, 05:55 PM   #4
nkelle

Huh sorry
I edited for testing my first post via Iliad and don´t saw your post - seems anything is ok with minimo, its my usb keyboard..
No error direct fallback to contentlister
error.txt shows: iliad_refresh.conf: unrecognized refresh type: typing 400
illegal instruction

greets
nkelle

Last edited by nkelle; 10-25-2007 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
bennoblumenthal
bennoblumenthal began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Hello,

I am having some trouble -- the menu does not work at all, refreshing does not seem to happen, and the back and forward arrow keys on the (on screen) keyboard when entering a url crash minimo.

My /usr/local/lib/libX11.so.6 is 937538 Jun 06 -- Could it be the wrong one?
bennoblumenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #6
Boris
Enthusiast
Boris began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC, a broken Iliad V2
Ok so I've got my new Iliad sitting on the desk next to me. I've got an unpacked Zip file on my desktop and no idea how to install it on the Iliad. Do I need other software as well? Thanks in advance (I'm off to change my answer to the iLiad Owners: How technologically oriented are you? thread)
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:27 AM   #7
awi
Enthusiast
awi has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: 2x Irex Iliad V2, DR1000s & DR800sg
Hi, I succesfully installed minimo, no connection though. Do I Need to install an internet connection program?

Andre
awi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #8
nkelle

Hi,
@awi - Yes you have to use a connection manager like connectionMgr_script or wireless-101107-PL from this forum and start the network manual before starting minimo.

@Boris - (copied fom HarryT from this forum, hope it´s ok )
You need to request and download the shell access package from iRex first, than
1. Download the zip file of the installation package.
2. Unzip it on your PC or Mac.
3. Copy the installer folder to the root of a CF or SD card.
4. Put the card in your iLiad.
5. Navigate to it with the "Contents Lister".
6. Tap the "Install <whatever>" item that shows up in the Contents Lister.

That's all there is to it. Once you've installed it, the contents lister will show the new place where to start minimo, don´t forget to start network before..

greets
nkelle
Old 10-26-2007, 09:54 AM   #9
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
It seems, that i cant quit the minomo on my iLiad. At least it seems to leave its image permanently in the image buffer. I cant get anything else on my screen, but the minimo.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:02 AM   #10
bennoblumenthal
bennoblumenthal began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
I think I understand why I am having so much trouble.

In error.txt it says

iliad_refresh.conf: unrecognized refresh type: typing 400

In iliad_refresh.conf it says

typing 400

What is it supposed to say in iliad_refresh.conf?
bennoblumenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:16 AM   #11
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
mrxvt has:
Code:
Typing 100
so try changing t to T.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:20 AM   #12
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
It seems, that i cant quit the minomo on my iLiad. At least it seems to leave its image permanently in the image buffer. I cant get anything else on my screen, but the minimo.
Is minimo itself still responding? If not, this is the usual way for the iLiad to hang (i.e. with a frozen screen image) - all you need do is press the reset button on the back and then turn the machine back on.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:57 AM   #13
nkelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennoblumenthal View Post

My /usr/local/lib/libX11.so.6 is 937538 Jun 06 -- Could it be the wrong one?
Accidentally is see my libX11.so.6 is 10937538 Sep 19 10:28 and it´s not the hacked one from Antarctica 10936254 Nov 30 2006..
Does your iliad have Software Release 2.11 on board?
Old 10-26-2007, 10:58 AM   #14
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

First post updated. Should fix some refresh issues. Added connection manager scripts from Dillo.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #15
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkelle View Post
Accidentally is see my libX11.so.6 is 10937538 Sep 19 10:28 and it´s not the hacked one from Antarctica 10936254 Nov 30 2006..
Does your iliad have Software Release 2.11 on board?
It is the same hacked libX11 in the installer. I just stripped the debug information to keep the file smaller.