Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #1
shy8629
shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
Book cover didn't appear right after conversion

I recently updated to calibre version 0.7.57. I tend to use my own image for book covers but after this recent update, the covers no longer appear right after I transfer the book to my Kindle.

Everything looks alright when I set the cover up on Calibre:

But this is how it looks like once I transfer the file to my Kindle:

I don't know what exactly is wrong here as I never face this kind of problem when I was using the prior version of the software. I wonder if anyone of you ever came across this type of problem. And if so, how do fix it? It is driving me nuts

Thanks
shy8629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Is it only the Kindle that displays the cover incorrectly, or do you get the same effect on other readers/reading programs?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
shy8629
shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shy8629 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Is it only the Kindle that displays the cover incorrectly, or do you get the same effect on other readers/reading programs?
It appears OK on Kindle for PC. I don't have any other readers, so I don't know if it'll appear correctly on the other devices.
shy8629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's probably just something about that particular image that the kindle cannot handle. Try getting an alternate cover from somewhere else. There certainly haven't been any changes to calibre's cover processing in a long time.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote