Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #16
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
For the following steps, sorry if the spelling is not exact, my calibre interface is set to Spanish:

Preferences => Change Calibre Behaviour => Plugins => Device Interface Plugins => Kobo Touch (2.0.5) by David Forrester

You have to modify the template only if you want to change the way the books are stored in the device (folder, file name..) but it has no effect in your library. In this screen you only have to set "Metadata Management" to "Automatic Management".

I hope I've read you well.
You have, and thank you very much!

Okay, "set series information" was checked off there, so perhaps the problem was that I didn't have "automatic management" set up before. I'll try reloading the books and see if that helps.

Edit: Okay, that seemed to do the trick. Thank you everybody that helped me out! =D

Last edited by Corpsegoddess; 03-03-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Corpsegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #17
Corpsegoddess
Groupie
Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Corpsegoddess can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Okay, I didn't have "automatic management" set up, so I did select that. It seemed to be working fine, but then I did my factory reset and now it's not working again.

Any thoughts?
Old 03-12-2013, 05:47 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't know. If the options are all set correctly, it should work. Can you run in debug mode and send me the log?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #19
Corpsegoddess
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't know. If the options are all set correctly, it should work. Can you run in debug mode and send me the log?
Absolutely. How do I run in debug mode?

Sorry, I've never done that before.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #20
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsegoddess View Post
Absolutely. How do I run in debug mode?

Sorry, I've never done that before.
In calibre, main menu, Preferences | Restart in debug mode
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #21
Corpsegoddess
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
In calibre, main menu, Preferences | Restart in debug mode
Thank you, Peter. So, I should send the books to my device in debug mode and it should record what's been done, correct? Then send the log to davidfor?
Old 03-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Bingo

After running in debug mode, when you shut it down, a log file will be displayed. (In Windows Notepad will be launched with the log displayed; not sure about other platforms).

Just copy all the text in it and send it to David.

(and PS... how is the shelf cleanup going?)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #23
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@CorpseGoddess: Sorry, I was thinking we had done the debug log before.

And so everyone knows, we've exchanged some PMs and I sorted out the misunderstanding. It was the very annoying fact that the the series info can't be set when sending a book and is only done the next time the device is connected.

And just so everyone knows: I'm guilty of forgetting that this as well and then wondering why the series info isn't shown. So, I'm not surprised when anyone else forgets as well.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:30 AM   #24
Corpsegoddess
Groupie

Thanks to davidfor for his infinite patience with me.

The great thing about this forum is I learn something new every time I post. And hopefully won't repeat any errors twice.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #25
ibu
Addict
ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo H20, iPhone 6+, Macbook Pro
I looked for "series" and "series index" in the Dublin Core, but I couldn't find something about that.

Is it true, that in the Dublin Core there are no properties for these metadata?
(Neither for a cover image, isn't it?)
ibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #26
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

That is correct. That is the reason why calibre writes its own tags with the information. And why the Kobo driver uses a roundabout method of populating the data in the device database.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:57 AM   #27
ibu
Addict
ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.

@davidfor
Thanks.

I read about metadata plugboards (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118563).
The result in the title:
A Song of Ice & Fire - 01 - A Game of Thrones
A Song of Ice & Fire - 02 - A Clash of Kings

Has the kobo driver a different result/concept?
I'm not sure what you mean with "uses a roundabout method of populating the data in the device database".
Old 08-17-2013, 04:30 AM   #28
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Kobo devices can display the series information if it is in the internal database. When you buy a book from Kobo, and sync it to the device, this will be filled in. For sideloaded books, the series info has to be added in some other way. The Kobo Touch driver in calibre will do this. The driver does this when getting the list of books from the device. But, it can only do this for books already processed into the device database. Hence, when you send a new book to the device, the series info is not set until the next time you connect.

The series info is displayed in the library lists and a search will find it. But, there is no way, except a shelf, to group the books together or in order. If you want to sort the books in a series together, then you still need to use a plugboard like that.
Old 08-17-2013, 05:18 AM   #29
ibu
Addict

@davidfor
Thanks for the good explanation/clarification
Now I got it.

I've never bought a book from the Kobo-Shop, so I had no experience that a Kobo can view series informations.

All this is again an example of how important and useful standardization is.
The IPDF/Dublin Core "forgot" to define these standards.