Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
It's a comfort to know..

... that Lindsay Lohan is safely behind bars in jail!
We now have nothing to fear..

Last edited by AprilHare; 07-20-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: fix
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
gee I just was never concerned about her. figured Paris was probably a bigger threat at any given moment
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Whether or not Lindsay deserves jail time, it still brings a tear to my eye the principled stand that her sister Ali is taking.

http://current.com/1iog84c

If only this could grow to a national grass-roots movement!
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
ummmm I'm so underwhelmed I can hardly stand it!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
FREE LINDSAY!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #6
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
leave her in there and let out all the sex killers!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
That little skank is gonna infect the other prisoners.
recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:47 PM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by recluse View Post
That little skank is gonna infect the other prisoners.
no, that's the Olsen twins
Old 07-21-2010, 12:21 AM   #9
recluse
Banned
recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.recluse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Or is it Miley Cyrus?
Old 07-21-2010, 12:28 AM   #10
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Or is it Miley Cyrus?
I think the Olsens win the skank award
Old 07-21-2010, 12:41 AM   #11
recluse
Banned

I bow to your expertise.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:46 AM   #12
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

I honestly don't care at all about Ms. Lohan or her troubles, but last month CNN/HLN's "Showbiz Tonight" ran a lame web poll asking "Which would be better for Lindsay Lohan, jail or rehab?"
When I came upon it, it was 99% jail to 1% rehab.
This seemed like cyber-bullying to me, so I fired up my CNN.com ballot stuffing script, and evened the odds:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...10/sbt.01.html
Quote:
HAMMER: Good. You know, she doesn`t need a whole lot of space. But here`s the thing. There are a lot of people saying - and Jane, I`m going to get your take on this in a second - that jail perhaps not the best move for Lindsay if she does have a problem.
Now, she denies having any problem. I want you to take a look at what we asked in our SHOWBIZ TONIGHT exclusive poll, "Which would be better for Lindsay Lohan, jail or rehab?"
I got the results late today. Look at this. A whopping 83 percent said send her to rehab. Seventeen percent said jail, thinking, you know, a program would be better for her if she really does have a problem. Jane, what`s your take on that?
VELEZ-MITCHELL: The only problem is she`s already been to rehab at least three times. Obviously, it didn`t work. I see no reason why the fourth time would be a charm, especially considering she is so defiant and in such denial that she has a problem.
Now, if she was thrown in prison - the fact is they do have 12-step programs in prison, and what she needs more than anything else is a big giant smackdown -
HAMMER: Yes.
VELEZ-MITCHELL: To show the rules do apply to her. And being thrown in the clinker would do just that.
I have no idea why rigging lame internet polls is funny to me, but in this case it was definitely worth it to get Jane "guilty even if proven innocent" Velez-Mitchell in a tizzy about throwing yet another drug offender into one of our already over-crowded correctional facilities.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:15 AM   #13
recluse
Banned

Simple pleasures, I suppose.

Ms. Lohan was given every chance at rehab, repeatedly acted in defiance of the court, and showed up in court with obscenities written on her hands, directed at the judge.

And Jane Velez-Mitchell, an admitted alcoholic, has a much better insight into what does and doesn't work when it comes to addicts.
Jail just might save Ms. Lohan's life.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:10 AM   #14
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Quote:
And Jane Velez-Mitchell, an admitted alcoholic, has a much better insight into what does and doesn't work when it comes to addicts.
Yeah, I like to consult the opinions of tabloid journalists for my major life decisions.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #15
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I think the Olsens win the skank award
I'd still do 'em both.

I have no scruples.
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote