Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #16
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikkentobi View Post
There is another one which I'm aware of, Skoobe which is perhaps only of interest for german readers. For this app the problem was fixed with an update around august, 12th (according to the german board lesen.net).
I just tested this app. Works really fine
Faster than any other I've tried before.
Incredible how turning pages is so smooth... and as faster as on Kindle Paperwhite 2.

WOW!!!
This app proves what I've been saying to my spanish fellows that is not a problem with the T68 but with the development behind the app.
If Mantano run as smooth as this app it would became the best app ever.

Thanks a lot for telling about this app.

I could even test some of the books in my own language and some others in english.

Amazing!!!
When Booxtor's team has contrast adjusting able for any app this would be for sure one of the best apps ever.
Now the text shows up with amazing quality, but imagine have the ability to even have more contrast as on Onyx's own apps.

ikkentobi
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:52 PM   #17
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
The Nook app does the same thing on my T68 as the Mantano app. Same crack, same split words. It's like a fault line across the page shifted.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2014, 10:58 PM   #18
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
The Nook app does the same thing on my T68 as the Mantano app. Same crack, same split words. It's like a fault line across the page shifted.
I'm pretty sure the Nook app worked on my T68 and if both Mantano and Nook have the same problem, it points to the T68 having the problem and not the apps. Nook also hasn't been updated since May so it had no changes since I had it installed.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:53 AM   #19
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I'm pretty sure the Nook app worked on my T68 and if both Mantano and Nook have the same problem, it points to the T68 having the problem and not the apps. Nook also hasn't been updated since May so it had no changes since I had it installed.
Precisely, my dear Watson! The T68 is finicky when it comes to apps. BTW, I had a little extra money last month, and I have a weakness for such gadgets, so my new Boyue T62 just came in. It happily runs every app I want to run on an E-Ink device. I'm in the process of comparing the T62 and the T68 to see which one I like the best.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Precisely, my dear Watson! The T68 is finicky when it comes to apps. BTW, I had a little extra money last month, and I have a weakness for such gadgets, so my new Boyue T62 just came in. It happily runs every app I want to run on an E-Ink device. I'm in the process of comparing the T62 and the T68 to see which one I like the best.

Please post here and let us know.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2014, 05:41 PM   #21
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just posted a review and comparison - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=248702
Old 10-30-2014, 03:15 PM   #22
jafmaw
Technocrone
jafmaw began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92, Kobo Libra H2O, Galaxy Tab S3
Manatano support has been great, they have put out a number of bug-fix versions since I submitted my ticket.

Using the most current version 2.5.1.7, with the 'page border' option ON, the text is now very much improved, to the point of being hardly discernable at all - the 'page border' option must be ON to see the fix. (If I turn OFF the 'page border' option, then the issue is back.)

With the 'page border' option ON, the 'shifted fault-line' issue is only discernable in the bottom-left-most line ONLY IF I have minimal margins (5 pt) AND ONLY IF I am specifically looking for it; barely a fraction of a milimeter.
jafmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:44 AM   #23
PremaEbooks
Zealot
PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.PremaEbooks shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle(all), Nook, Sony, Onyx Boox, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafmaw View Post
Manatano support has been great, they have put out a number of bug-fix versions since I submitted my ticket.

Using the most current version 2.5.1.7, with the 'page border' option ON, the text is now very much improved, to the point of being hardly discernable at all - the 'page border' option must be ON to see the fix. (If I turn OFF the 'page border' option, then the issue is back.)

With the 'page border' option ON, the 'shifted fault-line' issue is only discernable in the bottom-left-most line ONLY IF I have minimal margins (5 pt) AND ONLY IF I am specifically looking for it; barely a fraction of a milimeter.
Does this prove, then, that I was right when I told about the way the app is developped and not the T68?

I have the Pro version so I'm going to test right now

EDIT: yes, it is a little more improved. It is now almost fixed. Almost...
But I use Fullscreen app to get rid of the System Bar, and is still noticeable.
It is a big step ahead but it is not solved.
I've test almost every app that I know that support ePub3 renderig and most of then don't show this issue.
I guess there are different ways og building the pageview and that's way some have the issue and some don't.

Last edited by PremaEbooks; 10-31-2014 at 09:17 AM.
PremaEbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 11:47 AM   #24
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremaEbooks View Post
Does this prove, then, that I was right when I told about the way the app is developped and not the T68?

I have the Pro version so I'm going to test right now

EDIT: yes, it is a little more improved. It is now almost fixed. Almost...
But I use Fullscreen app to get rid of the System Bar, and is still noticeable.
It is a big step ahead but it is not solved.
I've test almost every app that I know that support ePub3 renderig and most of then don't show this issue.
I guess there are different ways og building the pageview and that's way some have the issue and some don't.
Sure it proves it. The app works fine on other eink android devices, used to work fine on the T68, and still doesn't look quite right on the T68.