Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #91
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by spindlegirl View Post
Anne of Green Gables all the way
Yes, me too. At least Anne of Green Gables is the first book I remember really enjoying when I was a kid and it might have got me into reading. Had the whole series on paper back and now I have it all on my Kobo.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #92
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
My grammar school had a great reading program using short stories, age related topics, to improve reading comprehension, etc. This started in the third grade...maybe 7 years old...around 1962...I flew through all the stories in the program and loved them.
The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew mysteries were favorites.
My first book bought with my own money was "The Hobbit". I was in the 7th grade. It was a reading assignment and we read, aloud, every day. I was hooked and in love with reading.
Alas I lost the book a few years ago when my basement flooded...sad.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #93
Kasrielle
Enthusiast
Kasrielle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Keyboard
Charlotte's Web - grade 2. Read it over and over. And then Harriet the Spy in grade 5 - I made my mom sew me a pouch for a notepad and pencil so I could go spy on the neighbours and write down my adventures!
Kasrielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #94
jaloysius
jaloysius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
It was no particular book at all. At least that I can remember, I just can remember reading very consistently early on.
jaloysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #95
Stephen Chandler
Stephen Chandler can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueStephen Chandler can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueStephen Chandler can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueStephen Chandler can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueStephen Chandler can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueStephen Chandler can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueStephen Chandler can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueStephen Chandler can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueStephen Chandler can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueStephen Chandler can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueStephen Chandler can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: none
The Bolum light railway by BB in about 1954
Stephen Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert