Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 06:06 AM   #1
foomonger
foomonger began at the beginning.

Device: Multiple
Where is the Check Database Integrity Function Located?

Where is that function now?

-fm
foomonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to MobileRead.

Dropdown arrow to the right of the library icon - Library Maintenance - Check library.

Moderator Notice
Moved to its own thread. FYI, in the future please refrain from resurrecting 3 year old threads in the calibre forums.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-28-2013 at 06:13 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #3
foomonger

The three year old thread is what comes up in Google. I hope you posted a link to this new one! Back on topic...

I click the chevron at the right of the Library button, I have:

Show books in Calibre Library
---------------------------
Switch/Create Library.

No database functions.

-fm
Old 01-28-2013, 06:44 AM   #4
foomonger

Ha! If I restart in debug mode, the menu transforms to a beefier one. The Library button now lists the number of books, and the database options are available.

HOWEVER, as soon as you do anything at all, it reverts immediately back to the regular menu, so you gotta be quick.

-fm

ps. I hope those blundering onto the other thread get here.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foomonger View Post
HOWEVER, as soon as you do anything at all, it reverts immediately back to the regular menu, so you gotta be quick.
What version of calibre are you running? What OS are you using. You should easily see the menu without jumping through any hoops. I attached the menu you will see with the latest version of calibre.

Quote:
ps. I hope those blundering onto the other thread get here.
The other thread was sent back to 2009. That is around 200+ versions of calibre ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	library_dropdown_menu.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	100211  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-28-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Advert
Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
foomonger

I'm using the latest version (0.9.16) - it updates almost every time I run it! I'm on Windows 7 64 bit (I have both 32 and 64 bit Calibre installed)

I have nothing like the number of options you do, I have two items (as above). I don't have a regular menu, just big buttons with chevrons, even when I hit the ALT key.

How do I get a menu like yours? I tried resetting to default, but it made no difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The other thread was sent back to 2009. That is around 200+ versions of calibre ago.
That's precisely my point - a current search takes you to old information, with no way to get to the correct information. I had to sign up and post to get it; is that the plan?

-fm
Old 01-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
I click the chevron at the right of the Library button, I have:

Show books in Calibre Library
---------------------------
Switch/Create Library.

No database functions.
Do you have a device connected or do you have Connect to Folder active? In that case, the Library button behaves exactly as you state (i.e. the database maintenance functions are unavailable, and the button does not show the number of books).
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #8
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Do you have a device connected or do you have Connect to Folder active? In that case, the Library button behaves exactly as you state (i.e. the database maintenance functions are unavailable, and the button does not show the number of books).
Excellent observation.

@foomonger ignore my 2 suggestions below until you disconnect any device connected to your computer and look for the Library maintenance menu again.

Quote:
How do I get a menu like yours? I tried resetting to default, but it made no difference.
Two things come to mind.
1. You can try going to Preferences - Look and Feel and changing the interface font to some common font like Ariel then restart calibre and try again.

2. Start with a clean slate by creating a new configuration directory.
  • Go to Preferences - Miscellaneous - Open calibre configuration directory.
  • Exit calibre (Ctrl-q)
  • Rename or move the directory
  • Start calibre
  • Starting calibre will cause it to create a brand new configuration directory. You will loose settings and plugins but you may get your menu back. If needed you can always exit and revert back to the original directory.
Quote:
That's precisely my point - a current search takes you to old information, with no way to get to the correct information. I had to sign up and post to get it; is that the plan?
I have no idea what you searched for or what problem you are experiencing that caused you to search. Calibre's FAQ has references to problems that would lead you to find info and run library maintenance. The calibre manual describes the library menu and its options.

Bringing a 3 year old thread back to life is only likely to confuse current users so that thread has been sent back to 2009 and Google be damned.

Good luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-28-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
foomonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
That was it! I had my mate's Kindle attached. When I unplug it, the menu buttons transform back. It's still not nearly as comprehensive as DoctorOhh's menu, but the one I need is there. Cheers!

Also thanks DoctorOhh! I got there in the end!

-fm
Old 01-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
It's still not nearly as comprehensive as DoctorOhh's menu, but the one I need is there. Cheers!
It is not the same only because I have used the switch library feature more than once. If you ever do the same, those other options will pop up using a history file of what libraries you have used in the past.