Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-08-2012, 01:18 AM   #1
Pose
Pose began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Talking Just Found an Easter Egg

Hey everyone, I think I found a new easter egg in the settings menu if you're interested. If you continually click on "Android version" in the "About Kobo eReader" section of the settings, it goes to some Android "Zombie art". Check it out!
Pose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
bitterbug
bitterbug began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 / Kobo Vox
Ha! That's awesome!
bitterbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Congratulations!

I wish something like that would come up on the Touch for those of us that have the double-tap issue.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Doesn't work for me.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #5
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Doesn't work for me either. But this post did remind me to delete the contributor images that are found in the /etc folder, as the March 2nd update re-installed them. yay! 4 more MB
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
Pose

Here's a picture of it if you guys would like to see. I tried it again and sometimes you have to tap on it a lot before it comes up. Even try holding, and then continue tapping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120308_172229.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	325.8 KB
ID:	83645  
Old 03-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pose View Post
Here's a picture of it if you guys would like to see. I tried it again and sometimes you have to tap on it a lot before it comes up. Even try holding, and then continue tapping.
So here's a fun question. Are your capacitive buttons blue?
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
Pose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kboland View Post
So here's a fun question. Are your capacitive buttons blue?
Yes, they are! I've been trying to tell you guys, I think my device is a developer device or something... something is wrong with it, this is my build number:

imx51_bbg-eng 2.3.3 GRI40 eng.
CAN.20111027.172304.39765 test-keys

I can't update the Vox... my capacitive buttons are blue... if I make any changes, like install anything or remove anything, when I restart (just a normal reboot, not factory reset) everything goes back to how it was before I made the changes.

It's weird, I don't know what to do
Old 03-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Quote:
I can't update the Vox... my capacitive buttons are blue... if I make any changes, like install anything or remove anything, when I restart (just a normal reboot, not factory reset) everything goes back to how it was before I made the changes.

It's weird, I don't know what to do
Did you try the tricky reset hieronymos discovered? Search this forum for tricky reset and you will find at least a couple posts where I linked to what I mean.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:14 PM   #10
Pose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
Did you try the tricky reset hieronymos discovered? Search this forum for tricky reset and you will find at least a couple posts where I linked to what I mean.
I think I found it, this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...69&postcount=5

Right?

Yea I just gave that a try... didn't work... but it is called "tricky" reset so I'll keep trying. Those instructions are pretty bad though, after pressing power then power for 2 seconds after the green light, how long do you wait until pressing the power+volume down button 2 times?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
samysdad
Enthusiast
samysdad began at the beginning.

took a few tries but got it with this technique

Make like your left then right clicking a mouse on the About Android item.... left, right, left, right about 4 times.
samysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Quote:
I think I found it, this post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...69&postcount=5

Right?

Yea I just gave that a try... didn't work... but it is called "tricky" reset so I'll keep trying. Those instructions are pretty bad though, after pressing power then power for 2 seconds after the green light, how long do you wait until pressing the power+volume down button 2 times?
Yeah, I've never had to do it but others have reported success with that method.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #13
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Okay, it works! I just rapidly tapped alternately with two fingers and the picture came up. Bone stock Vox, not rooted or anything.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #14
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Uh, isn't this more of a Halloween egg ...
Old 03-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
oldyellr
Evangelist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_%28media%29