Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 11:11 AM   #1
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
No international shipping?

PRS 950 SC not shipping internationally from their website? Would like to know more about ordering internationally to UK.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

In another thread they said the 950 was a USA only reader. Apparently the 900 was too.
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Neither the 900 nor the 950 ship internationally, because the wireless will only connect to Sony's eBook store, and that is not available to international customers.

BHPhotoVideo will probably sell you a 950, once it's released. They ship internationally.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:14 PM   #4
eriksnoopy
Connoisseur
eriksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to behold

Device: Sony PRS-950 (broken screen) kobo aura hd
Thanks Harry, I too have my mind set on the 950 yet live in Europe
eriksnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #5
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Once the 950 is available in the US someone will ship it.
It's the same story as for the 900 which worked fine worldwide except for the 3G.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2010, 05:14 AM   #6
eriksnoopy
Connoisseur
eriksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to beholderiksnoopy is a splendid one to behold

Device: Sony PRS-950 (broken screen) kobo aura hd
just saw a video on youtube showing web browsing on the 950, wow! the link is up in the other thread "got my 950 today" at the end
seems like the only way to go now for sony is colour
eriksnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:27 AM   #7
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Hmm... I will have to tella friend to ship for me.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:48 AM   #8
varmemester
Connoisseur
varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & Sony PRS-950
I really want the 950 as well. I live in Denmark and these are the total costs
when shopping from bhphotovideo.com. I am still debating with myself over the costs. $200 on top of the $300 for the device is maybe a bit much for me.

SubTotal: $299.99
Duties & VAT (VAT:$91.76, Duties:$13.10, Disbursement:$21.95, Security & Handling:$5.00, Carrier Surcharge:$15.00) $146.81
Shipping (UPS Worldwide Saver): $53.95
Order Total: $500.75
varmemester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 07:53 AM   #9
varmemester
Connoisseur
varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.varmemester has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 & Sony PRS-950
For german customers the price is $445. For swedish customers its $495. For customers from Switzerland the costs are $353. No duties or VAT . Maybe a mistake?

Last edited by varmemester; 11-12-2010 at 07:56 AM.
varmemester is offline   Reply With Quote