Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2007, 11:46 AM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Anyone working on a 2.6 Kernel?

I looks like iRex is willing to help out for those who are working on it. More info Here.

I think the big advantage would be power management (sleep and suspend?) and new module support (Bluetooth, GPS, etc).

Do we have any kernel hackers among us? I'm definitely more of a software guy...
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:11 PM   #2
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
I looks like iRex is willing to help out for those who are working on it. More info Here.

I think the big advantage would be power management (sleep and suspend?) and new module support (Bluetooth, GPS, etc).

Do we have any kernel hackers among us? I'm definitely more of a software guy...
Great! I asked Matthijs for this when they released the flash-from-cf feature... this is a wish came true :-).

Although I've hacked in the kernel, I've only implemented drivers (I like to read other parts of the kernel, but I've not had any reason to change things O:-).

Ok, so I'll post there...

P.S.: I've been on vacation some days and it seems that I've missed quite a it of things... time to catch up!
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
bitz
bitz began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten C / Qtek 9000
Post ...ah, now...

Great News. There's hope for the power-management.
This is about the point where i'm beginning to think about
buying a iRex...
Bitz
(beeing new her, but watching since a yeare or so)
bitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
Even better...thanks to the reflash option, we can unbrick the iliad if worse happens.
:-)
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:57 AM   #5
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
Best ask in the Linux kernel mailing list for help. I am sure you will find kernel hackers to help. Is there a 2.6 port for a similar device available already (mainly same CPU)?
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2007, 06:20 AM   #6
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I discovered a page called www.kernel.org where you can always fnd the newest kernel files apparently. I have no idea however whether this would be of any use to anybody since my knowledge of Linux is pretty much 0.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:23 AM   #7
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
I discovered a page called www.kernel.org where you can always fnd the newest kernel files apparently. I have no idea however whether this would be of any use to anybody since my knowledge of Linux is pretty much 0.
That's already pretty well known if you're doing any work with the Linux kernel.

But thanks for the effort.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:27 AM   #8
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I almost thought so...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:57 AM   #9
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Well, the domain name kind of gives it away, doesnt it?
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:07 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It might have been a site for nut-lovers .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:10 AM   #11
Robert Marquard
Delphi-Guy
Robert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheeseRobert Marquard can extract oil from cheese

Device: iLiad, Palm T3
http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/22312 :-)
Robert Marquard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:15 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Funnily enough, I noticed that myself earlier on when I was browsing the new PG releases. I'm almost tempted to convert it to the Sony Reader/iLiad. I'm sure it must be fascinating reading .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Funnily enough, I noticed that myself earlier on when I was browsing the new PG releases. I'm almost tempted to convert it to the Sony Reader/iLiad. I'm sure it must be fascinating reading .
Given that it has tables, it would be best to strip out the page numbers and run it through html2lrf for the Sony.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote