Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nexus 7
Error when trying to change the name of a book

Hello guys.

I am trying to change the name of a book or writer and I get this message. This happened in previous versions. I reinstalled calibre and it's the same. What to do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-01-28_200156.png
Views:	213
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	100233  
AlexGrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Is it possible that the new path is too long?

As I understand it Windows has a limit on how long the combination path and filename may be?

Try with a shorter name, "x", and see if that works. Then you may have to move the library closer to the root of the drive.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
AlexGrama
Writer
AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexGrama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think neither of the possibilities are legit. The path is: Local Disk (D -> Bibliotecă -> Bibliotecă - Engleză. Bibliotecă - Engleză being the folder with the books.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:15 AM   #4
AlexGrama
Writer

So the path is not too long (just two folders within the Local Disk) and it doesn't have a big name. I never had this problem before the previous couple of versions so the problem is elsewhere.

What should I do?
Old 01-29-2013, 03:17 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is something wrong with your filesystem, probably that you have it on a broken networked drive. Move it to a local hard disk.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:45 AM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Try to move the library to another disk, and change the path to something short with only ascii chars a-z and no spaces. That way you remove a score of possible problem sources.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
AlexGrama
Writer

As I have just two Local Disks, C and D, I do not think that D is a networked drive. I will move the library on C.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Did you double check if the file or directory, or even a higher directory than just the book title, is locked by Windows? It might happen if a file in the directory is open in another program, editing the cover image, etc. I have directories that get mysteriously locked by Windows and stay locked long after applications are closed until I manually bring up properties and uncheck the read only.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
Did you double check if the file or directory, or even a higher directory than just the book title, is locked by Windows? It might happen if a file in the directory is open in another program, editing the cover image, etc. I have directories that get mysteriously locked by Windows and stay locked long after applications are closed until I manually bring up properties and uncheck the read only.
IIRC if the book is open in the Viewer, and you try and change names , you get this
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote