Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 01:10 PM   #121
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I have updated my reader immediately.

There was one small problem on my PB 360

After updating I have reset the reader, just as it asked me to.
Then I have connected the reader with the SD card inside to my PC (Mint Linux based on Ubuntu) so I could erase the update file from the card.
I have deleted the file and unmounted the memory and card.
When I disconnected the cable the reader displayed an empty white screen with black picture of SD card and white diagonal cross on the card.
I have switched the reader off and on again and it works now.

Quick "last read books" menu.
We have been asking for more functionality for the power button. Doubleclick did not seem to be working well in 15.1
Now, when you map the short press of power button to the "last read books" there is a small menu at the top, where you can switch off the reader, go to main menu, lock the screen and make screenshot. Very nice detail. It is very good to know that developers listen to us.

Settings menu
In settings menu there is new feature called User Profiles that lets several people have different configuration.
There are also some new options in Maintenance menu.
Clean state is an interesting option. I think that It does delete also bookmarks (something we were discussing in another thread)
Another interesting option is making backup of configuration to SD card.

fbreader
I was hoping Guys in Kiev (TM) would port some interesting features from the fbreader180. They didn't. I guess PocketBook wants to keep the application simple for casual readers. Technically savvy users will keep installing the third-party fbreader.
I like that there are LOTS of encodings to choose from. This is very important now that PocketBook readers are being sold in more and more countries.
I very much like the new dialog for font selection. It does not display Regular, Bold, Italics, Bold Italics variant in the list of fonts, it offers those variants in another column. Now selecting font is much quicker. I also like the way the text is changing when you select new font. I suggest that PocketBook changes the sample text for viewing the font selection to something longer now that there is enough space in the text window.

I haven't noticed any changes in Adobe reader, but I use it very, very seldom. The font size can be now changed in 6 steps. The default is the smallest one.

That is all for now.
My device seems to be working as it used to with 14.2 despite my furious tests.
We shall see more about stability in several weeks.

One more thing:
I would very much appreciate list of changes against 14.2 and 15.1, so we can test all the new functionality.
In ADE, the pagenumbers are a lot smaller.

I'll try to translate the changelog as soon as Anatoli has posted in German.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:20 PM   #122
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
In ADE, the pagenumbers are a lot smaller.
They have been smaller in 15.1 already, haven't they?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #123
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
They have been smaller in 15.1 already, haven't they?
Sure, but 15.1 was beta only for 301 and 360° because it was unstable.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #124
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Upgraded from 15.1 to 15.2, I'll keep and eye out for any issues.

I was using 15.1 because I like to use the latest firmware even with the bugs. The freezing was random and infrequent so I put up with it. Hopefully with 15.2 the freezing is gone.

Cheers.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:51 PM   #125
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
In settings menu there is new feature called User Profiles that lets several people have different configuration.

Another interesting option is making backup of configuration to SD card.
Both very powerful and useful additions.
Kudos!
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #126
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Quote:
There is betaversion of long awaited 15.2 on the German forum.
question:

will it make a difference if im english speaking here in the US if i install this upadate?

IE - is it customized for German? or would I notice no differance for language?
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #127
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
question:

will it make a difference if im english speaking here in the US if i install this upadate?

IE - is it customized for German? or would I notice no differance for language?
The update is the same for everybody
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #128
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
The update is the same for everybody
Thank you =)
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:41 PM   #129
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
I've put the new 15.2 [beta] firmware on my PB360...

One cool thing I've found: I mapped Double press on/off to "Main menu." And it works! For example, I was in a PDF book ... an epub book ... the Configuration main menu ... four folders deep into my books folder ... in the Appearance sub menu ... etc .... and no matter where I was, double click took me directly to the main menu.

Awesome! This is a nice feature (fix?).

Now off to explore more of what this does...

Marilyn

P.S. I agree with kacir - having the fonts separated into different windows (main font name and the bold, italic, etc. options) makes it much faster to browse fonts. Very nice. Off exploring some more...
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #130
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Upgraded from 15.1 to 15.2, I'll keep and eye out for any issues.

I was using 15.1 because I like to use the latest firmware even with the bugs. The freezing was random and infrequent so I put up with it. Hopefully with 15.2 the freezing is gone.

Cheers.
Had freezing with 15.2 first time yesterday. I was using dictionary in an epub 3 times, than after closing dict pressing next page..............freez.
No key worked, removed/installed batt. back again working.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:27 AM   #131
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
Had freezing with 15.2 first time yesterday. I was using dictionary in an epub 3 times, than after closing dict pressing next page..............freez.
No key worked, removed/installed batt. back again working.
What is the dictionary you used, and in what book? You can send this dictionary and a book on info@pocketbook.de?
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 04:23 AM   #132
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
Quote:
One more thing:
I would very much appreciate list of changes against 14.2 and 15.1, so we can test all the new functionality.
Heartily seconded! Changelogs, por favor.

And a proper ticketing system, with a form template that asks us for all the info the CIK (coders in Kiev, nongender biased) need to assess and troubleshoot the bugs we find.

I will install 15.2 on my PB302 tomorrow and report my results.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:03 AM   #133
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Overall love the changes. Especially the forward choice on the button assignment. I like the new recently read menu on the power button.

I have noticed two things so far in Adobe Viewer
  • In some PDFs the forward button still acts like a next page.
  • In at least one PDF the previous button still takes me forwards.

Overall I'm loving this version. It makes reading PDFs so much better.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #134
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
I installed 15.2 on my PB302 and so far, I'm VERY happy with it. For the first time since I first fiddled with the button assignments, I have 'last ten books' menu available from the power button again. And it showed up with a minimenu, very nice!

It seems pageturns in graynm's fbreader are just a little bit faster. I don't have any empirical data to support this; it just feels faster.

I have not been able to make reassignments of the 'back' button work properly. I was hoping I could assign it to 'move forward 1 page', as the button is in the perfect place when the reader is in landscape orientation. However, despite messing around with it, powercycling, saving config, backup config and restore config, I can't get that button to do anything but go 'back'.

graynm's fbreader has full functionality, as best as I can tell. I haven't tested all the features, just the features I typically use daily.

The webkit browser doesn't work well for me. I can pull up URLs I type directly into the URLbar, but clicking links results in a popup "Book is not found" or something similiar.

I must agree with the previous comments about the font selector; very nice. I don't have a need for profiles, so I haven't played with that menu yet.

My first impression is very positive, as functionality I expected in 15.1 is thoroughly restored. It'd be nice to map the 'back' button, but I've lived without it for this long so I can't complain.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:00 PM   #135
krjrs
krjrs began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
webkit browser - works with 14.x firmware or need to update? how to associate with html files? (copied to \bin but stiill are opened by second fbreader; and nothing in context menu)
krjrs is offline   Reply With Quote