Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-21-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
TurboProp
TurboProp began at the beginning.

Device: Rex iLiad, Blackberry Curve
Question Can someone port Reversi/Othello/Goro ?

Greetings from a brand-new iLiad owner! I bought mine a week ago, absolutely loving it! Already installed mrxvt and XBoard (thanks yokos!). More installs are on the way.

I'm wondering if someone is currently porting or might be interested in porting Reversi (aka Othello) game to iLiad. IMHO, it's a perfect game for iLiad - black-and-white, low screen refresh, etc. Plus it's one of those "easy to play, hard to master" games.

Simple Google search revealed at least a couple of *nix based open-source clones. So, any takers?
Attached Images

Last edited by TurboProp; 01-21-2008 at 07:04 AM.
TurboProp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:38 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
"port" of a othello game

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboProp View Post
Greetings from a brand-new iLiad owner! I bought mine a week ago, absolutely loving it! Already installed mrxvt and XBoard (thanks yokos!). More installs are on the way.
It's cool you like XBoard. The saving of all played games in a pgn file is very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboProp View Post
I'm wondering if someone is currently porting or might be interested in porting Reversi (aka Othello) game to iLiad. IMHO, it's a perfect game for iLiad - black-and-white, low screen refresh, etc. Plus it's one of those "easy to play, hard to master" games.
Mmmh, I played a java version of Othello on my mobile phone several times.

Porting of a othello game:
# othello [with game programming library Allegro]: is running. Warning: a beta version of this is attached.
# gothello [GTK 1.x]: get "segmentation fault" when running. Oh no!
# Atilo [GTK 2.x]: haven't checked the svn server out I think this will be the best clone of othello for iLiad.
[EDIT 03/05/2008] I compiled atilo, but w/o fluxbox I get a segmentation fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Readme of Othello
This is a pure beta version [not a single line of iLiad specific code].
Press the Menu Button for refreshing of screen.
You can't exit the program the normal way!
Therefore please use the Esc key on a USB Keyboard to get the game's menu, then you can quit the program.

The USB Keyboard server you can find here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=16

with kind regards,
yokos
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	othello.png
Views:	421
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	9449  
Attached Files
File Type: zip othello_beta.zip (1.40 MB, 348 views)

Last edited by yokos; 03-05-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: compilation of atilo
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
There's also a version based on the FBReader library.

http://www.fbreader.org/zlibrary/vbataxx/

I'll look into how much work it'll be to port that. It should be small, maybe it'll be a bonus with the FBReader package.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 11:31 AM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

With default windowmanager machtbox atilo doesn't start:
Code:
(atilo:614): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_string_height: assertion `font != NULL' failed
Segmentation fault
After starting fluxbox atilo runs w/o any problems. This is odd.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #5
TurboProp
TurboProp began at the beginning.

Device: Rex iLiad, Blackberry Curve
Either (atilo or vbataxx) would be an awesome addition to iLiad software library. I hate to ask but is there any progress update here guys? I finally got my iLiad back from repair (bad display) so I can test/try/research... Just let me know.
TurboProp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #6
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Atilo [not posted here yet] is running, but it doesn't start with iLiad's default window mananger matchbox, only with ported wm fluxbox. This is very odd. I have no solution.
[EDIT]: Oh, I have written earlier already that atilo doesn't start with matchbox. I just anwsered the last post w/o checking the thread.
[EDIT II]: Maybe I should add screen rerefreshes into atilo src & post with a big warning.

Last edited by yokos; 03-29-2008 at 02:03 PM.