Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
rai
Enthusiast
rai began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onxy Boox M92
How to wirelessly synchronize Mobipocket RSS feeds

When I connect iLiad to my pc through wireless connection file transfer through iLiad companion software works fine.

However, I am not able to update my Mobipocket RSS feeds. iLiad checks only for files in my iLiad folder and then immediately disconnects. How can I stay connected long enough for Mobipocket Desktop Reader to synchronize my RSS feeds?

Thanks!

p.s. I know this is a long shot, but is there a way to get RSS feeds directly from the Internet?
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:15 AM   #2
haasiesoft
Enthusiast
haasiesoft began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
hi rai,

i use a batch file to copy the rrs feed from mobipocket (*.prc) every morning to the iliad directory. so i can transfer the files with the "IDS" transfer button or via USB cabel

:-)
haasiesoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2007, 09:42 AM   #3
rai
Enthusiast

This is great!!! Thank you so much!

Now I just need to figure out how to make Mobipocket change its default folder into my iLiad shared folder (outbox, more precisely) so that everything can be done automatically (I know, I know, that's just lazy, but, yeah, that's me )
Old 09-16-2007, 10:12 AM   #4
rai
Enthusiast

Ok, I did it.
Here is how it goes.

click question mark button in Mobipocket (upper right corner) - select "Settings" - select "Advanced" - change folder into one of your liking in iLiad outbox folder

This is still a bit crude solution - as I get all other files in Mobipocket folder (i.e. non-prc files) downloaded too, but at this moment this is not a problem, so I can live with that.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:38 PM   #5
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
We'll release this month an app to directly get RSS feeds and books on your iLiad using Feedbooks. With this application, all you need is a WiFi connection to update your RSS feeds at any moment.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #6
rai
Enthusiast

Lovely
Old 09-18-2007, 09:15 AM   #7
Alajjana
Alajjana began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
We'll release this month an app to directly get RSS feeds and books on your iLiad using Feedbooks. With this application, all you need is a WiFi connection to update your RSS feeds at any moment.
Thanks Hadrien. That is excellent news (no pun intended )! But i was wondering (as i have two iliads) to have separate newsfeeds going to each?

Thanks
Alajjana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:42 AM   #8
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alajjana View Post
Thanks Hadrien. That is excellent news (no pun intended )! But i was wondering (as i have two iliads) to have separate newsfeeds going to each?

Thanks
You can select on the software which feed/sudoku/newspaper you'd like to sync. This means that you can easily sync separate feeds on each one of your iLiad.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #9
rai
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Any news on this?
Old 02-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
lprichar
lprichar began at the beginning.

Device: IRex Iliad
Daily RSS Download

One of the things I didn't like about the MobiPocket software for RSS feeds is that I can't get it to download the related website of the RSS if the feed only contains short abstracts. So I wrote an application to download RSS feeds in HTML and link them together with a manifest.xml file and I open sourced it (aka it's free). If you're interested check out my blog post about it: Daily RSS Download. It doesn't connect directly to the Internet to get RSS feeds like Hadrien was talking about. Instead you can set it to download the latest feeds on a schedule to the Iliad sync directory. Anyway, just another option. Hope you find it useful.

- Lee
lprichar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:03 AM   #11
Rico
Not Even Close To a Geek!
Rico began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad
Question Daily RSS download

Lee,

I tried your Daily RSS download program.
After entering the first feed, when I try to add others itan error says
"An error occurred connecting to the URL you entered."
It does that with any other feeds I try to enter.

Rico
Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #12
Alcuith
Enthusiast
Alcuith began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Iliad, Cool-er
But Feedbooks is no good for RSS - you only get the tiny snippet of content and not the full piece.
Alcuith is offline   Reply With Quote