Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
floridamom
floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.floridamom once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3
Hello from a new Kindle owner

Hello fellow Kindle owners. My husband got me a Kindle 3 for my birthday and I'm loving it! My birthday was just over a week ago, so I'm still in the honeymoon phase -- with the Kindle that is, the husband's been around 17 years.

I'm surprised at how much I love this device. I've been reading books on my iPod Kindle app for several months now, so I didn't think it would be all that different, other than the larger screen. However, I'm finding a big (positive) difference between the iPod and the Kindle.

When my husband asked which one I wanted, I chose the wi-fi and 3G version. The reason: We were camping several months ago, and I was reading the second book of the Stieg Larsson trilogy on my iPod. I didn't realize how close I was to the end of the book, and when I finished it the first night, I was unable to buy the final one until we got to a wi-fi location. I didn't want to find myself in that type of situation with my Kindle, so I asked for the one with 3G capability.

~Kathy~

Last edited by floridamom; 11-09-2010 at 10:55 PM.
floridamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Kathy.

Have you seen this page? Its got lots of great info, and should you ever need to contact Kindle Support, a 'contact us' button on the right.

Enjoy the forums...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 05:08 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Belated happy birthday, Kathy. Good to have your new company, Happy Kindling and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #4
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Hi and welcome to Mobileread, fellow Kindle owner. It sure is a useful device
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:17 AM   #5
rogue_red
Enthusiast
rogue_red has a spectacular aura aboutrogue_red has a spectacular aura aboutrogue_red has a spectacular aura aboutrogue_red has a spectacular aura aboutrogue_red has a spectacular aura aboutrogue_red has a spectacular aura aboutrogue_red has a spectacular aura aboutrogue_red has a spectacular aura aboutrogue_red has a spectacular aura aboutrogue_red has a spectacular aura aboutrogue_red has a spectacular aura about

Device: iPod
Hi there and welcome
rogue_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 06:19 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:32 AM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Hi Kathy! Welcome to the MobileRead forums!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #8
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Hi floridamom, and welcome to MobileRead.
Happy reading.

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #9
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR and Happy Birthday, Kathy! Congrats on the new K3 :-)

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #10
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #11
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote