Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #136
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
It's on the calibre site, but also somewhere here in the calibrexsub-forum.

The Catalog is not really useful if you, like me, add books daily or weekly to Calibre, you have to rebuild the catalog every time, there is no automatic function (that I know of) to rebuild the catalog each time a new book is added.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #137
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
The Catalog function is under Convert Books in the right-click menu. It adds books that you have selected. Generating a catalog takes half a minute. I make one of my On Device books, and I update it when I'm changing the Kindle's content.

After finding a book in the Catalog on the Kindle, I go back to the home screen, put the author's last name and a title keyword (edit: into the search), and the book comes up.

(edit: if the book opens with the search results instead of the book itself, then use the "GoTo" button in the bottom right to jump to the book. You can also tap and hold the found book for 2 seconds so the book's menu comes up, and then tap the cover.)

Obviously, the catalog only works if your library is organized and tagged perfectly. For the catalog, the saying "crap in, crap out" holds very true.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-30-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #138
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Thank you both!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:04 AM   #139
teralpar
teralpar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, iPad Mini w/Retina
October 2. I can't wait!
teralpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #140
ysmmom
ysmmom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Sadly, mine is Oct 15.
ysmmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #141
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Mine is on the way by FEDEX Smart Post to be delivered on Oct 3.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:40 AM   #142
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Didn't you tell us a few days ago that you would have it by the end of last week? What happened?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:56 AM   #143
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Soo, can we look forward to a review three hours after its arrival?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #144
ll Legion ll
ll Legion ll began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Originally scheduled for Oct 7-10th.
Shipped yesterday.
New delivery date is Oct 3rd.
ll Legion ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #145
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
OMG...this cracks me up....I clicked on the tracking link in my email, which took me to an Amazon page, over on the right it says "package contains..." and shows a picture of a kindle keyboard!!! I would just die if that's what was in it!

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....oL._SY100_.jpg
Package Contains:
"Kindle Paperwhite, 6\" High Resolution Display with Next-Gen Built-in Light, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers"
"Kindle Paperwhite, 6\" High Resolution Display with Next-Gen Built-in Light, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers"
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #146
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Finally got a tracking number, somehow it's going to get from Canada to me by tomorrow. At least it's UPS not USPS. (UPS is the 'good' shipper in my area; FedEx and USPS lose and misdeliver stuff frequently. The FedEx trick at my office is to pretend we aren't here (this is a 365/7/24 office, someone is always here) and deliver to the restaurant downstairs so they don't have to endure the strain of taking an elevator up one story. I caught a FedEx driver (same zipcode) trying to sneak away, having left a notice on my door, without actually having knocked so she didn't have to carry a large-ish package from her truck to my door. USPS will mark packages as delivered even if they didn't feel like delivering anything but the mail letters the day before, then show up the next day sometime with the 'delivered' packages.)

Now if Apple would hurry up and ship the iPhone we ordered 11 days ago...
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:28 AM   #147
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Sadly, first day will be loading eBooks and charging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Soo, can we look forward to a review three hours after its arrival?
My first effort on the PW 2013 will be to download my catalog and all my eBooks and then charge overnight while all the indexing proceeds. I won't even look at it until the next day.

FEDEX informs me my unit is now on its way to a Post Office 5 miles from my house. They still project an October 3rd delivery. However, its possible I may receive it tomorrow, Oct 2nd.

With the Federal Government shutting down in stages its even possible the Post Office may close tomorrow and I won't see the unit for weeks or months. Thank you Congress for expediting my delivery.

Amazingly Amazon still shows an Oct 2nd delivery date. Maybe they know something that FEDEX does not know.

I still have my great PW 2012 and my KFHD732 2012. My KFHDX732-2013 is due on Oct 18. I hope Amazon doesn't rely on FEDEX / Smartpost if the Post Office is out of business at that time.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-01-2013 at 10:37 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #148
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Mine still says October 2 by 8pm, but they package just arrived at the local sorting facility, so maybe (fingers crossed) it will end up in today's delivery. On the other hand, it is FedEx Smart Post, and my local Post Offices tend to pass packages back and forth before finally delivering them.
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #149
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
November 6th.
I guess, Amazon Germany is scheduled way behind the US and UK and the likes.
But I'm optimistic: For Paperwhite G1, Amazon Germany did deliver 2 weeks ahead of schedule.
Amazon seems to tend to underpromise and overdeliver...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #150
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Mine is on the truck for a delivery today, YAY! Like sirmaru today I will transfer @250 books to it and leave it to index overnight. Tomorrow I will put all into their collections, but tomorrow night I should be ready to see what it can do.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote