Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #541
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlynn View Post
according to the rep i just spoke to, the pink, green and blue hues did not impede any readers and they are fine with it. you have got to be kidding me? that is why there are multiple posts on amazon forums and also forums like this. people can return nine and ten devices but i am different somehow.... i kept telling her it was unacceptable and she had nothing to say about it. i have a bad taste in my mouth right now but i will go to staples tomorrow and pick one up :/
When you get a Rept like that you just hangup and call again. Most Repts are great but there are few out there that are.....
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #542
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
i am talking to customer service right now and they will no longer replace my device. the rep says the pink and green hues are what is supposed to happen and she keeps ignoring the white pixels. this couldn't get any more frustrating
Maybe they've run out of warehouse space to store all the returns...

I can't believe that they deem defects to be normal
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #543
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
according to the rep i just spoke to, the pink, green and blue hues did not impede any readers and they are fine with it. you have got to be kidding me? that is why there are multiple posts on amazon forums and also forums like this. people can return nine and ten devices but i am different somehow.... i kept telling her it was unacceptable and she had nothing to say about it. i have a bad taste in my mouth right now but i will go to staples tomorrow and pick one up :/
When you get the feedback email asking if your issue has been solved, click the No link and be sure to let Amazon know how she was to you. They take feedback of their repts serious.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-26-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #544
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
i used the online chat which was probably my first mistake but i have all the labels, it is done and they are being picked up tomorrow. and i'd imagine the warehouse in hebron, ky is filled to the brim with paperwhites just like mine

now i have to see if staples will allow me to return to their store (yes, i am already anticipating a bad one, can you blame me? ), or if i have to go through amazon again. if i have to go through amazon, i'm not doing it anymore. the fact that they think this is okay, turns me off completely
heatherlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #545
heatherlynn
Connoisseur
heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heatherlynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
When you get the feedback email asking if your issue has been solved, click the No link and be sure to let Amazon know how she was to you. They take feedback of their repts serious.
i am going to do just that. she was the worst rep i've talked to so far. she was extremely condescending and i didn't appreciate it at all.
Advert
Old 02-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #546
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
i am going to do just that. she was the worst rep i've talked to so far. she was extremely condescending and i didn't appreciate it at all.
I wonder if we had the same one. What was her name? I know the names aren't real that they use but mine was through chat too.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #547
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
i used the online chat which was probably my first mistake but i have all the labels, it is done and they are being picked up tomorrow. and i'd imagine the warehouse in hebron, ky is filled to the brim with paperwhites just like mine

now i have to see if staples will allow me to return to their store (yes, i am already anticipating a bad one, can you blame me? ), or if i have to go through amazon again. if i have to go through amazon, i'm not doing it anymore. the fact that they think this is okay, turns me off completely
I think most chats are out of country repts. Keep that in mind. I always call during business hours and get people who are helpful.
I use chat twice and decided no more.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #548
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I wonder if we had the same one. What was her name? I know the names aren't real that they use but mine was through chat too.
her name was 'Milena'. if i ever have to contact amazon again and i see her name come up, i'm running the other way
Old 02-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #549
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
And if you call and get someone who is not good, ask to speak to a supervisor.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #550
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

i'm having a problem with the ups pick-up though. i entered all the information and selected the option that they were pre-paid labels and then last page is asking me who i want to bill for my shipments?? i am confused
Old 02-26-2013, 06:54 PM   #551
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

woah I've missed heaps while asleep here in Aus

heather, so sorry to hear that! oh man their QC is being shot to pieces at the moment. I thought the newer batches would fix more probs, but seems the other way. Question, how do you easily notice the dead pixels/capsules? Put a book on their with a black cover or? I've never checked mine but now worry if could be really common.

That rep was not on - I'd even email jeff@amazon.com (of course he wont read it but someone will) and complain about her. They're paid for great service - if she doesn't like to be nice, she can get another job! Funny how there are these few bad apples when most in the chat have been great. So now its being returned ok?

Re prepaid thing - when I do it on ups's Aus site, it just asks Yes/No do you have a prepaid label, then fill out address, number and time... wonder whats happening?!
drewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #552
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

you don't have to look hard for the white pixels. they show up on white and black backgrounds, not just black. for mine anyway, mine were exceptionally bright which is why i couldn't just ignore them. if you can't see any, don't go looking for them. you'll see them if they are as painfully obvious as mine were.

but i entered all the information on the ups site they asked me for including that they were already pre-paid labels. i guess it could be because i live in the middle of nowhere?? i guess it's inconvenient i don't know, that's the only thing i can think of. i had entered the information to begin with and saw that it would be $5.91 for them to pick it up tomorrow so i changed the information to a later date maybe thinking it was too soon. the price then went up to $8.92 and won't go back down even when i change it to the original date i started with lol i am just having a grand old time!

oh well, i paid the 8 bucks. it's not a big deal after everything else haha :|

Last edited by heatherlynn; 02-26-2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #553
drewh
Connoisseur
drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drewh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

poor heather - things aint going smoothly at the moment are they!! ha - only way is up.

Weird you have to pay for it... are you a bit remote or? I'd email Amazon and say you'd appreciate being reimbursed for that amount too. Shouldn't have to pay a cent to return it given they cover it all.

So are you returning this without a replacement? Might even be worth waiting a week and then ordering a new one.. they might be up to batch 605 and will have fired the QC manager that was doing 604s :P
drewh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #554
heatherlynn
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh View Post
poor heather - things aint going smoothly at the moment are they!! ha - only way is up.

Weird you have to pay for it... are you a bit remote or? I'd email Amazon and say you'd appreciate being reimbursed for that amount too. Shouldn't have to pay a cent to return it given they cover it all.

So are you returning this without a replacement? Might even be worth waiting a week and then ordering a new one.. they might be up to batch 605 and will have fired the QC manager that was doing 604s :P
haha i can only hope so! i can't take any more disappointment but i wouldn't say i'm too remote. i'm only 10 minutes away from the closest town but i already paid the money with my credit card and am not going to bother amazon at this point, i just won't do it again.

but i am returning without a replacement because i was refused one. i do have a DTB (dead tree book) to read right now (house of leaves, you can not read that one on kindle ) so i can wait until i'm finished with that to purchase another kindle. i don't know what i'm going to do honestly. i really do want to check out staples but maybe i should just hold off for the moment.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #555
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Usually when you have a problem with a device, the labels Amazon mails you are automatically prepaid labels. You just need to put the label on the box and drop them off at your local UPS drop off. At least that is what I have always done. You should definitely not have to pay return shipping charges.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote