Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 PM   #751
ilikedbz
ilikedbz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
I'm having some trouble jailbreaking my Kindle PW2, just received it in the mail today, north american WIFI version with 5.4.2.

I copied the Jailbreak files onto the root folder and go through settings to update my kindle, but repeatedly get the 007 error code. I have tried this about 7 times now. I've also factory restored my device several times.
ilikedbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:00 AM   #752
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
@ilikedbz: Which Jailbreak files did you copy onto the root folder ?
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2014, 04:01 AM   #753
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can someone confirm jailbreak can be installed on 5.4.3 & 5.4.4 ?
Old 03-08-2014, 05:02 AM   #754
DorianGray
DorianGray began at the beginning.

Thank you very much for this instructions.
JailBrake is working on 5.4.3 on Kindle PW2 (B0D4)
DorianGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:18 AM   #755
xiaoguixp
xiaoguixp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
USBNetwork is no longer working after my KPW (1st gen) was upgraded to 5.4.4. Could you verify this? Thanks!
xiaoguixp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #756
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoguixp View Post
USBNetwork is no longer working after my KPW (1st gen) was upgraded to 5.4.4. Could you verify this? Thanks!
"no longer working" ???
meaning you can not re-install it?

(losing everything except the **DEVICE** jailbreak is often normal for Amazon updates)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #757
xiaoguixp
xiaoguixp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
"no longer working" ???
meaning you can not re-install it?

(losing everything except the **DEVICE** jailbreak is often normal for Amazon updates)
Yes, I did reinstall the latest usbnetwork (kindle-usbnet-0.15.N.zip) after applying the 5.4.4 firmware upgrade. However, inputting the ";un" in the search bar won't put my KPW (1st gen) into USB network mode (when I plug it to the computer, it is still a USB mass drive).

Is the usbnetwork working on your KPW 5.4.4? Thanks!
xiaoguixp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #758
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
It's not working because the FAT filesystem is mounted in noexec mode. How can we remount it in exec mode?
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #759
dsmid
Linux devotee

@chrox, see this post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...54#post2782154
Old 03-08-2014, 11:40 AM   #760
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Oh, joy. Will fix the JB to deal with this. (Not tonight though, tonight: Distant Worlds \o/).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #761
laudaisoi
laudaisoi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
Can someone confirm jailbreak can be installed on 5.4.3 & 5.4.4 ?
Not work with 5.4.4
laudaisoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #762
ilikedbz
ilikedbz began at the beginning.

@dsmid

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I was able to figure it out thanks to your hint
ilikedbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #763
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Released 1.9.N!

Hotfix release that fixes the FW >= 5.4 issues on the PW1.

Meaning that this is a required update for PW1 owners .

----

If you updated to 5.4.4 before this new JailBreak version, it's not terribly complex to fix:

Either:
* Install the bridge (from the latest jailbreak package)

OR:
* Update the jailbreak, and reboot your device. (I haven't checked FW 5.4.3 on the PW2 yet, but, yes, that means that vanilla 5.4.4 users are in luck, too ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:15 AM   #764
spgh
spgh began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikedbz View Post
@dsmid

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I was able to figure it out thanks to your hint

So what did you do? I just got my PW2 and am getting the same 007 error messages you were getting. And I don't know what to do! PW2 5.4.2 (90D4)
spgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:33 AM   #765
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@spgh-
The most common reason for this is that you are not placing the correct files into the root directory of your PW2.... inside the download zip is another zip file. You need to unpack it and place its' contents into your PW's root directory. (read the FAQ's in the first post) Cheers!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch