Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
kkg58
kkg58 began at the beginning.

Device: none
chapter breaks

I'm trying to insert chapter breaks, and Sigil keeps giving me an error message. I can put the first chapter break in, but then when I try to navigate to where I want the next one, I get an error message about the body tag.
kkg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg58 View Post
I'm trying to insert chapter breaks, and Sigil keeps giving me an error message. I can put the first chapter break in, but then when I try to navigate to where I want the next one, I get an error message about the body tag.
There is only ONE body tag pair in a (x)HTML file.

It surrounds the words and images the user sees.
You must have done something that broke this (up).
If you want further help: Paste the exact message into this thread
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
kkg58

I don't see what I could have done wrong. All I was trying to do was to split my one large file (and it worked yesterday when I did it). I put my cursor where I wanted my next chapter to begin (I didn't delete any text), and clicked the Chapter break button.

The error message says,

The operation you requested can not be performed because Section0001.xhtml is not a well-formed XML document.
An error was found on line 1363, column 5, expected end of tag 'body'.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
kkg58

okay. I managed to fix it by letting Sigil do it automatically. And now I am able to insert the rest of the chapter breaks that I need to put in. But why did I have an error to begin with? I'm just worried that I'm doing something wrong with the files.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkg58 View Post
okay. I managed to fix it by letting Sigil do it automatically. And now I am able to insert the rest of the chapter breaks that I need to put in. But why did I have an error to begin with? I'm just worried that I'm doing something wrong with the files.
Without seeing actual code (and it's apparently a very big file, so I'm not asking to see it), I can only guess. Remember that a parser like Sigil's can get confused when trying to match tags, and so the reference to the <body> tag might be misleading. It could be that somehow your cursor was positioned inside of some tag when the chapter break was inserted, thus breaking up the tag.

Anyway, glad you got it sorted out. If it happens again (the not-well-formed warning) you could choose "fix manually" and try to see what looks funny in the code.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert