Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > IMP Books

Notices

Old 09-27-2009, 07:21 AM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Wilson, Ann: Fearful Symmetry. V1. 27 Sep 2009

I became a science fiction fan at age 10, when I stumbled across Arthur C. Clarke's Sands of Mars, and promptly got hooked. I didn't become involved with anything but reading and media until shortly after Star Wars, however, which inspired me to begin writing and other fannish activities such as helping organize the Raumschiff 1 SF club (Ramstein Air Force Base, Germany) and helping with its clubzine, plus a mostly-Trek zine back in the States, Antithesis.
I eventually got tired of writing in others' universes, as being too restrictive, and created my own Terran Empire multiverse. For a while that was strictly in print, in various small press zines (including my short-lived Bifrost. It later went on-line first on Genie, then moved to Delphi's Science Fiction Fandom Forum, spent some time at SFF Net, and had a short-lived web forum of its own here on Delphi. It is continuing to grow as it was intended, as a shared multiverse involving interactive fiction.
Ann Wilson

Excerpt
Deep Space, 2568 CE
For the first time in his century-long career, Fleet-Captain Arjen of Clan D’gameh disapproved of a mission he had been given. That his orders came straight from the Supreme made no difference to his feelings, nor did the First Speaker’s assurance that the Circle of Lords deemed it vital to the survival of the Traiti race.
It wasn’t the goal of the mission that disturbed him, as much as the means. In the war between the Traiti and the Terran Empire, two things were, if not exactly sacred, proprieties that both sides respected. One was hospital ships, and the other was the return of bodies to their kin. By extension, ships delivering wounded or picking up dead were also immune, a principle that neither side had violated . . . yet.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: imp Wilson, Ann - Fearful Symmetry.imp (339.1 KB, 404 views)
File Type: imp Wilson, Ann - Fearful Symmetry_1200.imp (314.7 KB, 393 views)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote