Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #16
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
The better half likes it but needs it in pink....not available
Have her look at the red one, pictured here in another thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=36

It's closer to a pink than you might think, according to that picture at least.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:36 AM   #17
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
It's definitely RED but it's definitely better than brown or black, IMO.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2008, 02:55 PM   #18
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Yeah, mine just arrived. Most Definitely it's red, not pink. But I like it!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:58 AM   #19
janiebegood
Enthusiast
janiebegood began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, K1 (RIP), K2, K3, and now Kindle Fire!
Mine arrived yesterday, too! I'd say it's a light red, more red than pink.

I like it a lot -- it's more padded and the Kindle fits much more securely in it than in the Amazon standard cover. And I can bend the front cover around and stick the doohickey in the thingey, so YAY!

I love having a place to put a business card in case I accidentally leave it somewhere -- would even like it if they put a clear vinyl pocket in for that express purpose -- and a place to store the SD card when not in use.

I give it a big thumbs up!
janiebegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #20
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
I got mine in simple black--very fast shipping by the way. Holds the Kindle very secure. I'm very happy with it.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #21
Devon
Enthusiast
Devon began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle
I have a red one I really like it, but I would prefer one in leather. I emailed to find out if this will be an option and it is! Here is the reply I received:

Please pardon our delay in responding to your question. We have actually moved up our release of a genuine leather jacket line for the Amazon Kindle and expect to begin shipping this line within three weeks. The initial release will include genuine leather in black, brown, and red.

Thanks for your interest in our products and your business! If you have any additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or phone at 877.MEDGE.43
Devon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #22
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
I got mine in brown, and the picture at the head of this thread doesn't do the color of the case justice. It's a much darker, richer brown.

I like how it changes the profile of the Kindle. With the cover closed, it no longer reminds you of the cheap 3-ring binders we used to use in school.

The workmanship is outstanding, I thought. No loose threads in the stiching anywhere. And fronting the elastic corner with the same material that's on the other corners was a nice touch--they didn't just leave it plain elastic.

And fast service. I ordered it last Friday, it shipped from Maryland last Friday, and I got it in California on Tuesday.

A really nice product.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:58 PM   #23
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I just received my new cover in brown and it really is rather dark. I've tried to get some good pictures of the color. All in all, it's nice and quite soft in the hand but probably not as protective as the stock case. It's also slightly lighter. I weighed them and the stock case was 5.8 oz while this one is 4.9 oz. Not a big difference but enough that I feel it a little.

Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:11 PM   #24
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I just received my new cover in brown and it really is rather dark. I've tried to get some good pictures of the color. All in all, it's nice and quite soft in the hand but probably not as protective as the stock case. It's also slightly lighter. I weighed them and the stock case was 5.8 oz while this one is 4.9 oz. Not a big difference but enough that I feel it a little.

I had that feeling about the protective part as well. I wonder if this padding on the new case is as helpful as the stiff default case? I still like the M-Edge case better though.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:45 PM   #25
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon View Post
I have a red one I really like it, but I would prefer one in leather. I emailed to find out if this will be an option and it is! Here is the reply I received:

Last update I read (deep in the bowels of the Amazon forums somewhere) said mid-April for leather.

I want a RED cover. In leather.

Or a brown leather embossed/tooled "cowboy" cover.

Although I'd also take fuschia or lime green. Because I'm clearly a woman of taste.
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #26
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
The red faux leather cover feels very leatherlike to me. I was pleasantly surprised.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 09:15 PM   #27
eBookNerd
Connoisseur
eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Kindle, Sony PRS 505
I love the M-edge cover, but I wish the closure was magnetic instead of just a flap -like some of the journals you can buy in bookstores. I wonder if there's a reason the Kindle covers don't have magnetic closures? The Sony reader has a cover with a magnetic closure....
eBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:35 AM   #28
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookNerd View Post
I love the M-edge cover, but I wish the closure was magnetic instead of just a flap -like some of the journals you can buy in bookstores. I wonder if there's a reason the Kindle covers don't have magnetic closures? The Sony reader has a cover with a magnetic closure....
The kindle is plastic. Magnets are not attracted to plastic.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:15 AM   #29
eBookNerd
Connoisseur
eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Kindle, Sony PRS 505
Hi Bob,
I know the Kindle is plastic. I was suggesting a magnetic clasp on the cover itself.
eBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 09:21 PM   #30
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
And today M-edge released the leather Kindle holder, for $55 a pop. In black, brown and red, same as the "pleather" cover. I can't see any real difference between the two (at least not on my small laptop screen) so now we have to wait for someone to get and gush (or not).
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, dodge, duck!