Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-30-2013, 05:04 AM   #121
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Write down where you are up to in the current book as the update clears all recently read information.

There is a new firmware update 1.0.6 (Seems like I missed 1.0.5)
http://www.trekstor.co.uk/product-su...html#Downloads

Take the memory card out
Run Update.exe (This is the file you have just downloaded)
Downloads a 179MB firmware update so make sure you have a decent internet connection when you do it

The backup just creates a copy of what you have loaded onto the internal memory, so you can skip it if you allready have the books elsewhere.

You get a message for device driver installation - pick install anyway

You can skip the data recovery bit - it just checks that your books are still there.

Changes that I spotted
It stores the thumbnails of the books now so (after the first painfully slow load) the cover view library now works
It clears the recently read list
"Font Type" now works in the in book menu - you can choose between serif and sans-serif (sans-serif is a slightly smaller font and italics appear as bold italics
Turning the device off now gives a completely blank screen instead of the Trekstor logo

The official Change log for 1.0.6
Changelog:
Bugs fixed:
- Corrected presentation and alignment of pictures within text
- Pages of PDF files are not longer empty after opening the document the second time
- Update of the media library after disconnecting from USB
- Corrected presentation of search results when searching for ebooks
- Solved sorting problem of recently read books
- Some smaller bugfixes
Improvements:
- Improved time for memory card recognition
- Improved compatibility of memory cards
- Font size and margin can be set independent for each book now
- Improved search function in ebooks
- Improved presentation of the table of content
- Better information in the settings about the activation state of the device
- Increased menu font size
- Decreased time for switching into "normal mode" after disconnecting the device from USB
- Screen is blank now when the device is off
- Optimized power management for more battery runtime
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #122
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
Thanks for the update news, MikeB1972.
Good to know TrekStor is keeping up with it.

If I used a memory card, I'd definitely give the update a try.
My Mini has been working so well, that I think I'll hold off updating for now.

And congratulations on your new Pyrus Mini, Illyria
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #123
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think I should have skipped the update, as I had planned
I went ahead and started the updater program 55 minutes ago
and it's been stuck on the Updating the Firmware screen ever since.
It got through the backup part fine, but won't go past the next screen.
The progress bar just keeps going left to right.

Guess I'll give it another hour or so since the updater screen reads:

CAUTION!
Firmware Update Started!
DO NOT INTERRUPT THIS PROCESS!

During the update process do not start any other programs.
Do not disconnect the connection with your computer.

Wait until this process is finished completely.

Please wait...
This process can take several minutes to complete.

______

During the update process, Windows XP gave me the usual "New Hardware Found" balloon,
then the New Hardware wizard started up.
I left the pc alone for at least 30 minutes, then finally closed the New Hardware wizard box, hoping that would let the TrekStor update program finish, but it made no difference and it's still on the same "please wait" screen.

Been over an hour now.....
Old 06-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #124
euro traveler
Connoisseur

After two hours and no change, I had to have my pc back, so I went ahead and canceled the updater program. After telling it, yes, I really did want to cancel, the updater program shut down.

The Mini didn't show as being connected to my pc, so I disconnected the usb cable and reconnected it. The Windows 'Found New Hardware' balloon popped up and asked to look for a device driver. I closed the balloon and my Mini still didn't show as connected. I unplugged it and replugged it back in and the 'Found New Hardware' balloon popped up again. This time I had it look on my pc and it found two drivers and they differed by only the last number, I think? I chose the first one listed and after the balloon closed, my Mini was still unrecognized and still unresponsive. I disconnected/reconnected it again and it still doesn't show up.

The Mini is totally unresponsive and simply shows its usb connected symbol on its screen.

Its red charging indicator light was one for a while it was connected to pc after the failed update, showing it was charging, and that has gone off.

Won't turn on, nor respond to a paper clip in the factory reset hole.

I connected it to my other pc and the 'Found New Hardware' balloon popped up on that one. I'd like to try and have Windows load a driver, but have no idea how to point it in the right direction.

I also made a disc image of my Mini's drive before I updated, but it's not much use since I can't access the device.

Any ideas?

Forgot to mention that after canceling the updater program, I was left with a new desktop shortcut to the TrekStor LiveSuite.exe program. When I click that, it opens a LiveSuite Firmware Upgrade Tool. It asks you to select the firmware you want to update, but since my Mini isn't recognized by the pc, I can't select its firmware

Last edited by euro traveler; 06-03-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention LiveSuite.exe
Old 06-04-2013, 04:27 AM   #125
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have you tried running the update.exe file again? (It installs drivers while it runs so you might get lucky).

Also try - turn off your PC, plug in the device, turn on the PC (Sometimes works)

Does anything show in Device Manager (You may need to show hidden devices from the View menu), if it does then delete the item (Possibly items - may show as 2 devices), unplug then plug in again.
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #126
shorttimer1
Enthusiast
shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB X3 Kindle Fire HD 32GB
The first time I attempted to update mine it said that it had failed and to try again. When I looked the Pyrus Mini was no longer there. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and it was recognized and ran the update again. The second time it succeeded and now shows the newer version.
shorttimer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #127
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe,Pyrus mini, NOOK HD+, KAO, S6, S8, KP4, Note 10+
@euro traveler, NEWS?
Arbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #128
euro traveler
Connoisseur

Still bricked

Thanks for all the tips MikeB and shorttimer.
I tried them all, with no success.

The reader shows up under Device Manager, and as far as I can determine,
it has the driver from the update installed. TrekStor's Updater program does not work,
as it can't see the reader as being attached to the pc.
Their LiveSuite.exe program doesn't work either, for the same reason.

Still waiting on a response from TrekStor.

May start a warranty claim soon.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #129
MikeB1972
Gnu

Turn the computer off, unplug the power cable, hold the on button down for about 30 secs, plug it back in and turn it on.

May work

Could also try a different cable
Old 06-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #130
nbveh
nbveh began at the beginning.

Device: TrekStor Pyrus mini
Hello Euro Traveler!

I think i can make you happy

I've put myself in exactly the same situation, bricked the device by unplugging it while update process was active, got confused by windows never installing the driver( later realized it was due to me stupidly agreeing to 'windows auto update' option or whatever it's called).

So, some search for 'livesuit'/'brick'/'failed to enter update mode' and whatnot i've got to this page: http://tabletmods.blogspot.se/2012/06/flash-firmware-via-livesuit.html

i'll quote the most important and confusing part here:

Quote:
Turn the tablet completely off. The tablet should be off throughout the update process.
Now attach your tablet to your PC by USB cable whilst holding down the volume+ button on the top. Straight after attaching the cable, and whilst still holding down the volume+ button, start pressing the tablet power button repeatedly (approx 1 press per second for 10 seconds is enough). This procedure puts the tablet into update mode.
EDIT>instead of volume button in our case you have to press and hold some other button, page turn for example...

the livesuite, firmware and usb drivers you can find by checking the link in the 'livesuit' shortcut settings which is on your desktop!

It took me like an hour of frustration, sadness, anger on myself, plus taking device apart and even de-soldering battery to get my cute little friend back to life, hope i can save all this hustle to somebody=)) if you have any questions let me know!

Good Luck!!!

Last edited by nbveh; 06-07-2013 at 02:38 AM. Reason: some add.info
nbveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #131
euro traveler
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Turn the computer off, unplug the power cable, hold the on button down for about 30 secs, plug it back in and turn it on.

May work

Could also try a different cable
Just tried the above, with no change in accessing device.

When my pc restarted with the Mini attached, the Windows "Found New Hardware Wizard" box popped up, as it has been doing.

I left the Wizard dialogue box up and checked
My Computer, but the Mini still wasn't showing.
I closed out the Wizard box and Windows gave the usual balloon
notification about the device not having been installed successfully.
Leaving the Wizard box untouched or closing it out, or letting the Wizard give it a try, all have the same result. I've tried running the TrekStor updater program before closing the Wizard dialogue box, also.

Running TrekStor's Updater program had the same results it's been having.
It says "Device discovered" after it starts, then gives the same usual error message:

"This update is not intended for your device. Please check manufacturer's website for a suitable firmware update for your device"
Old 06-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #132
MikeB1972
Gnu

Have you tried a reset on the mini?
Hold power button for 10 seconds or so, release for a few seconds, press again for a few seconds (OK, unlikely to work, seems like you have corrupted the current firmware).

Not sure how to do a hardware reset on the mini, tends to be a combination of holding 1 of the buttons down while powering up the device.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #133
nbveh
nbveh began at the beginning.

Device: TrekStor Pyrus mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1972 View Post
Have you tried a reset on the mini?
Hold power button for 10 seconds or so, release for a few seconds, press again for a few seconds (OK, unlikely to work, seems like you have corrupted the current firmware).

Not sure how to do a hardware reset on the mini, tends to be a combination of holding 1 of the buttons down while powering up the device.
i've posted solution to the problem earlier, the device has to be put into update mode, and then upgraded using livesuite...
nbveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #134
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbveh View Post
the livesuite, firmware and usb drivers you can find by checking the link in the 'livesuit' shortcut settings which is on your desktop!
!
I'm confused. I tried the first posted instructions for the update, but nothing happened and after a while backed out.

As to the second set, I've got the Livesuite downloaded, but don't have any idea where to get the update img file nor see any driver listed.

The update for the Prus is just listed as Update.exe, no img file around.

Also: This procedure puts the tablet into update mode.

I've tried this several times, holding down different buttons. I just get the "USB Connected" icon on the front screen. What am I looking for that would let me know it's actually in update mode?

It seems I got the new Firmware installed. The only thing I've done differently is download and unpack LiveSuitPack_v1.07 and try to put the machine in Update Mode. I don't know if I suceeded in the Update Mode part, but looks like something worked this time.

Last edited by DuskyRose; 06-09-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: New questions
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #135
euro traveler
Connoisseur

Congrats, duskyrose!
My Mini's still bricked