Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-08-2013, 03:08 AM   #106
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
I think we'll end up with an all in one device:a color-eInk smartphone with a 4 or 5 inch screen.
Looks that way. Still...</me hugs his DXG> :-)
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:07 PM   #107
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Ouch. I would have expected the 4.3" screen to be a more robust than the 6" screens.

I'm now more convinced that I shouldn't buy another eInk screen device with a glass substrate.
I don't use my Pocketbook 360 much anymore, mostly because my K4 NT is almost as pocketable and has a decent cover. (Also my pb360 would never go long without corrupting my SD card and can not suspend instead of shut down). But there is still nothing like the snap on lid to protect the pb360 screen.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #108
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm very very tempted bythis device, but I'll be strong and wait to see if Amazon will follow the mini-trend this year. A paperwhite-mini would be nice.
It would have to have page turn keys for me to have any interest in one.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #109
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I think we'll end up with an all in one device:a color-eInk smartphone with a 4 or 5 inch screen.
Decent color-eink still seems a long way off.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #110
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
page turn keys included

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
It would have to have page turn keys for me to have any interest in one.
The Pyrus Mini has page turn keys on its right hand edge, when viewed from the front. They work perfectly. As long as you're holding the reader in your left hand
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2013, 05:59 AM   #111
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro traveler View Post
The Pyrus Mini has page turn keys on its right hand edge, when viewed from the front. They work perfectly. As long as you're holding the reader in your left hand
360 degree rotation, screen can be shown any way up, so the keys can be at the top, bottom, left or right depending on your choice.
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #112
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorttimer1 View Post
I live in CO, USA and ordered and received mine. I ordered it from Amazon.co.uk. It ended up being about US $75
Thanks. I ordered one in pink.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #113
shorttimer1
Enthusiast
shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB X3 Kindle Fire HD 32GB
Regarding the battery life...

Mine has been in sleep mode for between 2-3 weeks so I thought I would check the battery and it was completely full, all bars. he only time my battery completely drained over night was when I added a bunch of very large books and it never went in the sleep mode.

But overall I like this little e-reader. Very nice size for the pocket.
shorttimer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #114
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I got mine today. The screen is pretty good and the page turns are fast as well. I couldn't install the reader suite but got the books I wanted on there anyway. I'll have to look into why the installation wasn't cooperating. I have a Mac,BTW.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:05 AM   #115
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
I got mine today. The screen is pretty good and the page turns are fast as well. I couldn't install the reader suite but got the books I wanted on there anyway. I'll have to look into why the installation wasn't cooperating. I have a Mac,BTW.
I don't think the reader suite worked for anyone
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:04 PM   #116
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
I'll have to look into why the installation wasn't cooperating. I have a Mac,BTW.
Hi and congrats on getting the Pyrus Mini. I love mine!
As MikeB1972 said, no one seems to have gotten the TrekStor reader suite to install.
I gave up even looking for a working version, after almost bricking my Mini installing the "corrupt" one.
I use Calibre and don't need the TrekStor suite anyway.
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #117
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK, K5, K7, KPW3
I'm going back to take another look at it in the store tomorrow. This little reader has been seriously tempting me lately because the wasted opportunities where I could sneak in a few minutes of reading here and there just seem to pile up.

How do you get the firmware updates though, without the reader suite? I have searched their website but couldn't find any alternative download links.
Illyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #118
shorttimer1
Enthusiast
shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB X3 Kindle Fire HD 32GB
That is why I tried to load the Reader Suite as well is for the firmware updates. But when they are available you can manually download them. if you go to their website, and select "Service & Support" you will see a list of the e-readers. They have a firmware update for the Pyrus (not our mini)as you can see and you can download it. So when a firmware update is available for the mini they will add it to the list of devices and offer the update there. At least that is what i was told.

I also enjoy mine a lot.
shorttimer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #119
Illyria
Connoisseur
Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illyria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's great to know, thanks. I would prefer not to have to download yet another program anyway. Hope I'll be able to get the Pyrus Mini soon!
Old 04-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #120
Illyria
Connoisseur

I got mine today! I went to a store but was not planning on getting anything but then I saw that for just this week the Pyrus Mini is on sale for just 37 Euros. So I happily grabbed one of the last blue ones and am now so glad I did. The size is so cute but the screen is not too small to comfortably read on as I had feared. The contrast really is excellent and it is so lightweight and fits nicely into my palm. It will be perfectly to read on while waiting at the bus stop. Usually I don't bother to unpack my Kindle for those 5 minutes.