Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #61
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
kindle cover

All kidding aside, the m-edge is really an improvement on the orginial. It comes in lots of colors, and Amazon has them in stock. I noticed the M-edge site is on vacation and won't be shipping until the 18th.

Until Rickymaveety gets hers going, these are great!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #62
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
All kidding aside, the m-edge is really an improvement on the orginial. It comes in lots of colors, and Amazon has them in stock. I noticed the M-edge site is on vacation and won't be shipping until the 18th.

Until Rickymaveety gets hers going, these are great!
So, you got the $60 one? Executive Leather? Any pics of it on your Kindle? Do you leave it on while you read, or does it get in the way?

I currently use my kindle sans cover and wouldn't want it to be much thicker.

BOb

EDIT: Even on Amazon the leather ones all show as backordered, will ship July 16th.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #63
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

backordered?

Wow, I must have just squeaked by.

I"ll get pics and send. I was a little concerned because I thought the leather might be heavier and bulkier, but I was really pleasantly surprised, It isn't. The little loop on the upper right hand corner is easily flipped off to access the back buttons, then you just flip it back. I always turn mine off when done...I don't trust the 'sleep' feature to not drain my battery, altho recharging is quickl
The front cover bends around easily, giving a better edge to hold the kindle with. There are little slots on the inside cover, which could hold business cards, or slips of paper, and a pen holder which doesn't get in the way of the kindle.
Look for pics.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:28 PM   #64
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
BOb, the picture I have a few pics above is my Kindle inside the Vizu skin, inside the Leather Saddle Brown Executive M-Edge cover.

I can post more pics if you want to see something in particular.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #65
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Pictures

Well, I WAS taking pictures but my batteries died. So until they recharge, will have to wait.

Daffy, I was going to take pics especially of the inside cover and the way it folds back with the little strap tucked inside so as not to be in the way.....
Old 07-10-2008, 01:35 PM   #66
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll see what I can whip up.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #67
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Since BOb likes to read without the cover, I'll start with pics of the Vizu Skin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vizu1.JPG
Views:	506
Size:	555.1 KB
ID:	14245   Click image for larger version

Name:	vizu2.JPG
Views:	525
Size:	517.9 KB
ID:	14246   Click image for larger version

Name:	vizu4.JPG
Views:	548
Size:	521.2 KB
ID:	14247   Click image for larger version

Name:	vizu5.JPG
Views:	490
Size:	660.9 KB
ID:	14248   Click image for larger version

Name:	vizu6.JPG
Views:	512
Size:	553.0 KB
ID:	14249  
Old 07-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #68
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Next is the M-Edge Executive Leather Cover in Saddle Brown.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	me1.JPG
Views:	489
Size:	494.7 KB
ID:	14250   Click image for larger version

Name:	me2.JPG
Views:	479
Size:	533.2 KB
ID:	14251   Click image for larger version

Name:	me3.JPG
Views:	508
Size:	534.6 KB
ID:	14252   Click image for larger version

Name:	me4.JPG
Views:	471
Size:	532.1 KB
ID:	14253   Click image for larger version

Name:	me5.JPG
Views:	463
Size:	587.3 KB
ID:	14254   Click image for larger version

Name:	me6.JPG
Views:	487
Size:	505.9 KB
ID:	14255   Click image for larger version

Name:	me7.JPG
Views:	470
Size:	502.4 KB
ID:	14256   Click image for larger version

Name:	me8.JPG
Views:	425
Size:	554.1 KB
ID:	14257   Click image for larger version

Name:	me9.JPG
Views:	472
Size:	480.9 KB
ID:	14258   Click image for larger version

Name:	me10.JPG
Views:	496
Size:	496.1 KB
ID:	14259  
Old 07-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #69
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Daffy,

Thanks for the pics. Can you take the stand of the skin? Do they have those at amazon?... that basicaly what I have on my iPod for about 3 years now.

BOb
Old 07-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #70
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Since BOb likes to read without the cover, I'll start with pics of the Vizu Skin.
I'm kind of digging the bracket in back, since i like reading my Kindle with it propped up on table. I have the Black pleather M-Edge case, right now and love it way more than the original that came with it.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:15 PM   #71
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I'm kind of digging the bracket in back, since i like reading my Kindle with it propped up on table. I have the Black pleather M-Edge case, right now and love it way more than the original that came with it.
You do have to make sure the little kickstand in the back is braced well or it will collapse. If you can brace it against something solid, you're fine in a pinch.

At home I use a stand from Octo. much more stable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	octo.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	14260  
Old 07-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #72
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Daffy,

Thanks for the pics. Can you take the stand of the skin? Do they have those at amazon?... that basicaly what I have on my iPod for about 3 years now.

BOb
Yep, you can remove it very easily and put it back on if you choose.

Vizu Skin Link
Old 07-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #73
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
You do have to make sure the little kickstand in the back is braced well or it will collapse. If you can brace it against something solid, you're fine in a pinch.

At home I use a stand from Octo. much more stable.
I've got a bent metal stand very much like that on my breakfast table at home. The cover and stand looks intriguing, though...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #74
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yep, you can remove it very easily and put it back on if you choose.

Vizu Skin Link
Thanks... looks like that and the InvisibleSHIELD http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php together will keep the Kindle pretty well protected without adding much thickness or bulk.

But, those two together come out to almost the price of the m-edge leather case.

BOb
Old 07-10-2008, 02:32 PM   #75
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Thanks... looks like that and the InvisibleSHIELD http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php together will keep the Kindle pretty well protected without adding much thickness or bulk.

But, those two together come out to almost the price of the m-edge leather case.

BOb
You still have the option of using the original cover if you feel the need for a little extra protection from time to time (maybe with a bit of velcro on the back of the skin).

Tags
cover, dodge, duck!