Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Arrow Disassembling of Onyx M92

Some users asked me to show how to disassemble the M92.

Here are the pictures of the process:

[Images violate Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

They can probably be found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/Disassembling/

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-14-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
Thanks! Very interesting indeed. I see no reason, why I should disassemble my M92 though Especially now that I have got insight thanks to your pictures.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
valimo
valimo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Could you gieve a close photo to the joystick? It doesn't look strong in the phone. Could you take another photo to the speaker as well?

Thanks!
valimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:31 AM   #4
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
Thanks! Very interesting indeed. I see no reason, why I should disassemble my M92 though Especially now that I have got insight thanks to your pictures.
Put in more RAM?

Booxtor
10x for the pictures.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
Booxtor, looks you have a white galaxy s II. Nice choice :P
I guess the white thing in the middle is the battery
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You are welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by valimo View Post
Could you gieve a close photo to the joystick? It doesn't look strong in the phone. Could you take another photo to the speaker as well?

Thanks!
The joystick is actually quite strong and stable. It is additionaly supported by the rear cover. The speaker is good visible at the 4th picture - it is the nice black thing near to the battery (big white thing)

The digitizer sensor board is also good recognizable on the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampiti View Post
Booxtor, looks you have a white galaxy s II. Nice choice :P
I guess the white thing in the middle is the battery
Yes. Since I got the Galaxy S II my Nikon D300 is "retired"

Last edited by Booxtor; 05-12-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #7
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
that's a huge speaker
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
I didn't expect there to be a metal backplate. I am really impressed with the build quality right now.

Hm, the RAM seems to be soldered to the board, right?
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #9
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Thx Booxtor - nice insights

tuxor: not too many while there's warranty on the device... but if you like to tinker... afterwards...

Last edited by kodomo; 05-13-2012 at 05:43 PM.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #10
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
I didn't expect there to be a metal backplate. I am really impressed with the build quality right now.

Hm, the RAM seems to be soldered to the board, right?
are you sure the IMX508 is not a "system on a chip" (including RAM)?
http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/...p?code=i.MX508
...but it _does_ have an external memory interface... if the respective pins have been led someplace else you might be lucky and be able to add up to 2GB of RAM

Cheers!
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:24 AM   #11
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Booxtor, thanks for nice pics! I like the way you organized the little screws on the magnet so they don't be lost - wonder why this idea never came to my mind before - I always put them together to some sort of little bin but sometimes this bin turns over and they are all over the table)))))
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
You are welcome!

The joystick is actually quite strong and stable. It is additionaly supported by the rear cover. The speaker is good visible at the 4th picture - it is the nice black thing near to the battery (big white thing)

The digitizer sensor board is also good recognizable on the pictures.

Yes. Since I got the Galaxy S II my Nikon D300 is "retired"

great work.. so some big questions
what are used for those two dip switches near the joystick ?
The digitizer sensor board is that yellow thing ?
is it fixed to the screen or not ?
where is the wi-fi module ?
repods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #13
repods
Addict

to be precise I am an owner of an M92S..
I just disassembled it
and noticed some differences with the M92 pictures ..
it is not present the wacom board and this is obvious..
THE RAM chip is different, and maybe even the cpu code (have to verify better)
and on the e-ink screen is written 1.11 instead of 1.33 ..
this make me think that M92S has not a real pearl screen ..
infact to be honest the gray level of the screen is very similar for me to the irex dr800 one.. and for sure it is not as white as the sony readers you can find in the stores for example.

I have to take some pictures ..
Old 05-18-2012, 06:01 AM   #14
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by repods View Post
to be precise I am an owner of an M92S..
I just disassembled it
and noticed some differences with the M92 pictures ..
it is not present the wacom board and this is obvious..
THE RAM chip is different, and maybe even the cpu code (have to verify better)
and on the e-ink screen is written 1.11 instead of 1.33 ..
this make me think that M92S has not a real pearl screen ..
infact to be honest the gray level of the screen is very similar for me to the irex dr800 one.. and for sure it is not as white as the sony readers you can find in the stores for example.

I have to take some pictures ..
Hi,
the 1.33 or 1.11 (or also 1.29) has just to do with the manufacturers production batch. M92S should actually have exactly same screen model like M92.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:39 AM   #15
repods
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,
the 1.33 or 1.11 (or also 1.29) has just to do with the manufacturers production batch. M92S should actually have exactly same screen model like M92.
ok so where is the wi-fi module located ?