Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Stanza issue

I've been using Stanza for awhile now with DRM free epubs with no problems. I just came across my first epub that will not properly display in night mode. It displays perfect in my custom "day mode" setting but when I flip to night mode. It displays just black.

Has anyone else seen this or does anyone have any idea what the fix is? Like I said, night mode works for every other epub in my Stanza collection except this one book.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
GntlmnBndt
Zealot
GntlmnBndt doesn't litterGntlmnBndt doesn't litter

Device: iPod Touch, iPad
I have a few files with the same problem. Try turning off "Display Styles" in the preferences. In my case, it seems that the CSS (style sheet) is defining the text color as black or something close to it, which makes for poor contrast on a black background.

When you turn off styles, it should fallback to the colors you defined in stanza's preferences. You may lose italics or some other formatting, but you will be able to read the text, at least. A better long-term solution is to contact the person you received the file from and ask them to remove the color references in their style sheet.

The Bandit
GntlmnBndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
Tamara
Evangelist
Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Tamara once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by GntlmnBndt View Post
I have a few files with the same problem. Try turning off "Display Styles" in the preferences. In my case, it seems that the CSS (style sheet) is defining the text color as black or something close to it, which makes for poor contrast on a black background.

When you turn off styles, it should fallback to the colors you defined in stanza's preferences. You may lose italics or some other formatting, but you will be able to read the text, at least. A better long-term solution is to contact the person you received the file from and ask them to remove the color references in their style sheet.

The Bandit
Turning styles off did the trick . Thanks!

I sent you some Karma for helping me fix it.
Tamara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #4
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Thanks for that. I had such a book too and never thought about styles.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote