Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
PocketBook IQ & Android Market?

Has anyone tried the script or manual process used on the Nook Color to get the Google APPs? Does it work on the IQ?

http://www.nookdevs.com/NookColor:Manual_market_enable
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Device: IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjogren View Post
Has anyone tried the script or manual process used on the Nook Color to get the Google APPs? Does it work on the IQ?

I see you need a rooted device... I haven't seen a way to root de IQ yet. Perhaps going to try it tonight

edit. okay, I think I got root access with the superuser tool from XDA-DEV site. But I have no idea how to get the development option back to enable usb debugging...
edit2. guess I don't have full access afterall . Alltough I thought the dev folder was inaccessable first... perhaps not.

Last edited by RezzZ; 12-15-2010 at 04:09 PM.
RezzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #3
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjogren View Post

Not sure it would work... I was thinking something closer to the instructions for the White Pandigital Novel would be more appropriate. (the Google Experience).

If anyone found a way to get root, please let me know. I have been trying for a while now without success. I am probably missing something...
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The idea is seemingly simple: bring the device into Debug Mode so you can use z4root, which is pretty much a universal rooter for 2.1 and 2.2.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
The idea is seemingly simple: bring the device into Debug Mode so you can use z4root, which is pretty much a universal rooter for 2.1 and 2.2.
True. The problem is to get the debug mode. I am sure I am missing something...
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #6
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So far I've been unable to see it as well. Have you tried seeing what you can do in a terminal emulator? I guess you can't just type SU and get away with that but something could be tried from the shell.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
Icewyng
Addict

Well, let's say I have many ideas. I have done a lot of research and reading lately and I might have something.

This IQ is a hard shell to crack!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #8
Logseman
Orisa

The Russians have nothing for us, sadly
Old 12-16-2010, 08:05 AM   #9
Icewyng
Addict

I am not one to give up easily...

Like I said, I have a few ideas and am investigating a few more. I won't stop until I figure it out (or someone else does).
Old 01-08-2011, 08:34 AM   #10
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Hi!
Install launcherpro or ADW - click/hold on homescreen - Other Link (or similar) / Choose Activity / Activities / Settings / Development(DevelopmentSettings) - Okay...

Use link to enable "USB-Debugging" - install z4root then RootExplorer for all your wishes...
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #11
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Angry IQ rooted, simple way!

Sorry - double post -please eliminate...

Last edited by Clemenseken; 01-08-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote