Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #151
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Actually, these list cars with available cell phone connections, but you have to provide your own phone.

I was under the impression from MikeRo's post his care came with its own phone.......
GM cars with OnStar. The car has it's own phone number. You can use OnStar as a hands-free phone with your own cell phone or you can use the built-in phone. They threw in 300 minutes for $15 when we bought the car but the minutes expire after 6 months. Don't know if we'll keep the service, we'll make up our minds towards the end of the 6 month trial period.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #152
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by durkinrobinson View Post
Are you all nuts? What's wrong with you people? I call fraud.
What fraud? The support group is for those that don't have a smart phone.

Do I want one... hell yes. Do I want to pay $70 plus a month for phone service.. hell no!

There is no hate or fraud here.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 02:53 PM   #153
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What fraud? The support group is for those that don't have a smart phone.

Do I want one... hell yes. Do I want to pay $70 plus a month for phone service.. hell no!

There is no hate or fraud here.

BOb
You should get your WORK to pay for it....surely you need to be enabled and in contact!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #154
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Are you all nuts? What's wrong with you people? I call fraud. I believe you all are just dying to get a device that asks you to pull its finger and then lets loose a litany of bodily function sounds that can clear a room. Who doesn't want to know the title and artist of that song that sounds sooooo familiar as you stand in line at Subway? When your mother in law tells that awful joke where she messes up the punchline, for the 99th time, you too would like something that plays the sounds of crickets.

Don't lie and don't hate.

Get an Android and join us, join us, join us....
DISQUALIFED, WITH PREDJUDICE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
oH...onstart. THAT I knew about.

Quote:
Ya know ya want to.

DIS-Qualified.........AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo View Post
GM cars with OnStar. The car has it's own phone number. You can use OnStar as a hands-free phone with your own cell phone or you can use the built-in phone. They threw in 300 minutes for $15 when we bought the car but the minutes expire after 6 months. Don't know if we'll keep the service, we'll make up our minds towards the end of the 6 month trial period.
Awesome, thanks.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #155
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
You should get your WORK to pay for it....surely you need to be enabled and in contact!
No thanks. I work while I'm at work. I don't need to work when I'm not. It's not worth it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #156
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey I'm just offering alternatives.

I agree with your thinking completely btw -- that is exactly why I have both a Droid X (personal) and an iPhone (work). I turn the iPhone OFF when I'm not on call.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #157
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hey I'm just offering alternatives.

I agree with your thinking completely btw -- that is exactly why I have both a Droid X (personal) and an iPhone (work). I turn the iPhone OFF when I'm not on call.
Heretic. TWO cells? Best watch out......some night, while you are sleeping, they will become self aware, and there you go.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #158
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
What's an Android phone?
I believe this is the one Data uses:

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #159
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #160
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Are you all nuts? What's wrong with you people? I call fraud. I believe you all are just dying to get a device that asks you to pull its finger and then lets loose a litany of bodily function sounds that can clear a room. Who doesn't want to know the title and artist of that song that sounds sooooo familiar as you stand in line at Subway? When your mother in law tells that awful joke where she messes up the punchline, for the 99th time, you too would like something that plays the sounds of crickets.

Don't lie and don't hate.

Get an Android and join us, join us, join us....
Quote:
Ya know ya want to.

I absolutely do not want a smart phone. I'm not as young as I used to be, and multi-tasking is becoming increasingly difficult. It's hard enough to drive while reading my Kindle.

about driving and reading. I've even given up reading road signs.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:35 PM   #161
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Heretic. TWO cells? Best watch out......some night, while you are sleeping, they will become self aware, and there you go.
That is SOOOOO last week!

They mated and there are little iPod-Andro creepers all over the house. The cats love to chase them...

Last edited by kennyc; 11-07-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #162
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
That is SOOOOO last week!

They mated and there are little iPod-Andro creepers all over the house. The cats love to chase them...

Members of "All my phone does is blah blah blah" unite and burn this witch!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #163
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
I believe you all are just dying to get a device that asks you to pull its finger and then lets loose a litany of bodily function sounds that can clear a room.
Reminded me of this commercial
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #164
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

[QUOTE=thinkpadx;1203808]Reminded me of this commercial

Old 11-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #165
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post

me no savvy! Looks like Starship Uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
You better not be laffin at me!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote