Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #16
tdmsu
Enthusiast
tdmsu began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova2
I got my iPad yesterday and so far I read mostly in portrait mode. All my books right now are in my Kindle app and that simply looks better to me in portrait mode. Maybe when I use iBooks I'll use landscape, but for now I only surf that way.
tdmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmsu View Post
I got my iPad yesterday and so far I read mostly in portrait mode. All my books right now are in my Kindle app and that simply looks better to me in portrait mode. Maybe when I use iBooks I'll use landscape, but for now I only surf that way.
But are you holding the iPad in your hands when you are reading a book from the iPad screen?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #18
tdmsu
Enthusiast
tdmsu began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova2
Yes I am holding it in my hands. I ordered the mar ware Eco view, but it won't arrive until next week. I don't have any problem with the weight. Sometimes when I surf I lay it in my legs.
tdmsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So who doesn't hold the iPad in your hands when you use the iPad for reading a book?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #20
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
i prop it up on a pillow and touch the screen as needed.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 04:37 PM   #21
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So who doesn't hold the iPad in your hands when you use the iPad for reading a book?
I have it in my lap (right now) as I'm reading MR and at night when reading the Kindle app or iBooks, I use the Marware case/ stand to prop it in a good landscape position. I can't say that I ever hold it in the way I would hold my Sony 505.

-- Rique
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #22
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't. I have the base resting on my belly and either have a finger resting on top or hold the side. I almost never hold the iPad completely in my hands.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #23
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
but of course I have the butler hold it for me
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote